An Albert's Tale (or four, or even five)..... Actually a Beady Eyed Herky Debs Albert Epic...

You'll love the Alclad primer! I've only ever had one problem with it when I put it on a bit thick on a Revell Hawk (the plastic hated it but the primer loved it!). You don't need to thin it at all just give the bottle a chuffin good shake, pour it in your brush and spray to your hearts content, about 15psi I think! Goes on lovely as a rule! I clean my brush out using cellulose to leave it squeaky clean! Trust me I used to be a liney!!

• Like 3

Nice work on Snoopy Debs looks great with the flaps lowered, I'm just converting to acrylics and have gone for the Badger primer which Ultimate Products now do under there name so will see ?

Guy

• Like 1

With the Alclad primer, and as a rule with any laquer based paint the first coat must be a light misted coat, the primer

Does etch into the plastic and until the first coat is on you don't want to go hog wild lol or you will have issues. It's neat stuff though.

Ray

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a wee bit stalled ATM. I've been uber busy with doing stuff with the Cadets, and doing stuff with cars.

It's also too bloody cold in my Conservatory to do any spraying.

As soon as it warms up a tad I'll be back on it.

• Like 2

Thirded...!

Pssst! Anybody want to know the tail of an american airborne unit, Albert and a can of Cambell's Mushroom Soup..?

Thirded...!

Pssst! Anybody want to know the tail of an american airborne unit, Albert and a can of Cambell's Mushroom Soup..?

Go on, I'll bite...

I take it it's better than the one about 'my Scout Group, a camp site and a packet of rice'? Mainly because it's aviation related!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

"Where for art though Albert". Has Brexit overcome all modeling, conversely is it so wet and soggy that the modeling bench is underwater. Or is the erstwhile modeler Off having fun with cars.

Enquiring minds want to know

Ray - who's at the cottage in Nova Scotia, where its uncharacteristally hot and sunny... You can't rely on anything nowadays....

Well if 'er claims its too blarry cold in her conservatory now I refuses to believe it

But summer usually brings new challenges when catering for the needs of the space kaydetts

And there's fast cars to whizz about in...

And it's just a tad warm at night when the bugs get hungry in brightly lit rooms/conservatories

• 1 month later...

And we're back up and running...

2nd Flight Deck on the build:

DSCF1523_zpskjwhqxa2.jpg

For some obscure reason Photobucket has rotated this photo through 90 degrees and won't let me correct it, so you'll have to twist your head sideways I'm afraid.

DSCF1524_zpsjhh8zr4e.jpg

As you can see, here I'm basing it around the Italeri parts.

I haven't yet decided whether this one will be the C1 or the Tanker.

I'll probably put Snoopy into primer the morrow.

• Like 17