An Albert's Tale (or four, or even five)..... Actually a Beady Eyed Herky Debs Albert Epic...

Cockpit and ladder took me back,instant reminders. Has to be good if it can stir memories of 30 odd years ago in Oman and at Marshalls.

Biggles87, on 25 Jan 2016 - 06:48 AM, said:

+1 What did you keep in the filing cabinets?

Lockheed Hercules Pilot's Notes, Volume 1, Chapters 1 though 35. Chapters 36 - 70 are kept in the freight bay while the reminder may be kept in the flightline shack because they're not necessary for immediate reference while airborne.

• Like 2

I have a couple of things yet to add to the front of Station 245 (2x handheld fire extinguishers, asbestos gloves stowage, DUFAK (Daily Use First Aid Kit) as well as the sextant stowage.

I also have the pilots side radio panels still to do as well as the pilots oxygen hoses and the Mk4 portable oxygen bottles.

However it terms of the flight deck 'module' I'm about calling it done:

DSCF1416_zpsaux17xaw.jpg

DSCF1417_zps4t3z9bnq.jpg

DSCF1418_zpshmyjfjl3.jpg

DSCF1419_zps0lk6rivt.jpg

DSCF1420_zpsvdaqvlew.jpg

• Like 15

"Doesn't post to Canada" :(

Wonder why not? Hardly the first place I think of as a den of fraudsters and eBay scammers but perhaps the seller can tell tales to the contrary. Any confessions to share Jess?

If I recall correctly the side of the galley had a canvas full length stowage for manuals.Did snoopy have one can you remember.

Edited by fatalbert

Just loving this thread and looking forward to the next tale to be told! I've got the AC130U in 1/48 awaitng my attentions. I thought that it was relatively accurate but having some serious doubts now. I have no clue where to start in fixing it all so will be following this thread even closer now. Keep up the amazing work

• Like 1

If I recall correctly the side of the galley had a canvas full length stowage for manuals.Did snoopy have one can you remember.

The US aircraft had shelving in the recess to the right of the crew entrance door (next to the freight bay entrance) but on ours this area was used to store the mainwheel chocks.

The only document storage that I can remember was the cubby above the Nav Station (above and to the left of the Ecko 290 radar).

Col., on 25 Jan 2016 - 1:04 PM, said:

Wonder why not? Hardly the first place I think of as a den of fraudsters and eBay scammers but perhaps the seller can tell tales to the contrary. Any confessions to share Jess?

Perhaps the seller hates Steven Harper? We need to tell him that Harper is an opposition backbencher these days.

Or perhaps the seller was menaced by a rabid beaver during his one trip to Niagara Falls?

• Like 1

Perhaps the seller hates Steven Harper? We need to tell him that Harper is an opposition backbencher these days.

Or perhaps the seller was menaced by a rabid beaver during his one trip to Niagara Falls?

Ouch! That latter incident sounds particularly horrific and not unlike a former girlfiend.

Edited by Col.
  • Like 4

:)

rabid beaver?

now how does that go?

nom nom

;)

I really do need to get a bucket list started, at my age

Maid of the Mist XVIII has to be on it

• Like 1

Bunks, galley, heads, bookshelves... This is less of an aircraft and more of a pied-a-terre. Where was the jacuzzi?

[but all joking aside, that's some mighty fine work there, Debs]

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU
  • Like 3

Ex-FAAWAFU, on 25 Jan 2016 - 2:50 PM, said:

Bunks, galley, heads, bookshelves... This is less of an aircraft and more of a pied-a-terre. Where was the jacuzzi?

[but all joking aside, that's some mighty fine work there, Debs]

In the Elsan during turbulence?

• Like 7