Airfix HMA8 Lynx 1/48

Afternoon Everyone,

Had this kit built since Jan but has taken me until now to paint and decal it.

First time using primer, airbrushing, Humbrol acrylics, tamiya tape, micro sol and set (Never even knew these things existed until stumbling across this site last summer) Previous models were bashed out in a weekend using pots of Humbrol Enamel that I'm pretty sure I've had knocking around since I was about 6, so this was quite a learning curve.

I'm sure there are lots of mistakes, joins in the plastic are pretty obvious but I'll get round to learning how to fill, sand and re-scribe at some point. All in all really enjoyed it, and pretty pleased with the outcome.

20151204_132453.jpg

20151204_132525.jpg

20151204_132548.jpg

20151204_132608.jpg

20151204_132626.jpg

20151204_132855.jpg

Thanks for looking

Pete

• Like 23

Looks good from what I see. Don't worry, with every kit, you will always learn a thing or two and you will see your skills progress. The photography is well done too. Just 11 months to build? Faster than many.

Nice and tidy for the display case.

Hello,Pete - My compliments to you on a fine looking build of your'Lynx'.Don't be too harsh on yourself.You've made a grand job of what I imagine isn't the easiest of subjects.The opened doors,folded rotors all add detail and appeal and I see a splendid tribute to a splendid aircraft.All the best,Paul.

You are inspiring me to move my Lynx further up the pile. Looks a great kit.

Incidentally I am also a Pete, but only AtSea and not thankfully AllAtSea!

:-D

Looks lovely; nice one. If I am being picky, the blades are a bit too green (though that could easily be the photos).

Assuming those are depth charges on the outer pylons, then that's a load-out so unusual as to be almost impossible (Sea Skua & DC mixes roles, though I guess you might see an aircraft loaded that way at an air show, or similar).

And you have made the error that almost every modeller makes, which is to have the main wheels fore-and-aft. It is not wrong, as such, in that it is perfectly possible to have the wheels like that, and you often see them that way ashore when the aircraft has arrived towed by something. But if it going or has been flying, then the standard configuration is main wheels toed outwards at 45 degrees. That's true even ashore; the Lynx brakes are either on or off, so a running landing with one engine failed involves the toed-out wheels providing some elementary braking (and a LOT of smoke).

Sorry if this feels critical - it's not meant to be, because you have built a lovely model!