1/72 Hasegawa Prowler

glyn

All

Here is my latest kit build.Last year i managed to get a base visit to Cherry point where i took a photo of the aircraft itself.When i got home i uploaded to airfighters .com not knowing i had a photo of a new squadron machine.A nice chap from Hasegawa got in touch asking to use the photo for their box art of the new kit.I first thought it was a wind but no it was for real.Anyway i was sent two kit's one i built the other not to be touched and saved plus some cash for my troubles.Nice to see my name on the box[top left].

Model air and flory wash used.The antenna's also needed tweaking.

23496124592_a285c5df99_b.jpg_MG_0336 by Glyn Fuller, on Flickr

22976529704_9d457fab02_b.jpg_MG_0334 by Glyn Fuller, on Flickr

22976527434_1f6b2630ce_b.jpg_MG_0337 by Glyn Fuller, on Flickr

23604686835_f9f4351b49_b.jpg_MG_0338 by Glyn Fuller, on Flickr

23236788289_c59f838651_b.jpg_MG_0339 by Glyn Fuller, on Flickr

Still need to get slightly better photo's.

Glyn

• Like 27

Love the Prowler. Spent 5 years wrenching & painting those bad boys (VAQ-135). Loudest aircraft in the Navy's arsenal until their retirement a couple years ago. At full military under tension awaiting cat shot, those J52s would rattle your teeth in their sockets. :thumbsup: They were even a little louder than the A-6Es (VA-95) we flew with...suspect it was due to the slightly longer tailpipes.

• Like 1

What a really nice story. I would be chuffed to bits to have any of my images grace a model kit box and like you I would keep one never to be touched. The model looks very good and the innovative approach to tinting the canopy is a good tip. Great job all round.