1/48 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190A family by Eduard - Fw.190A-2/A-4/A-7/A-8/F-8 released

Homebee

Eduard is to release a new mould from the 1/48th Focke-Wulf Fw.190A.
Source: http://www.detailscaleview.com/2015/11/new-products-from-novemberfest-2015.html
3D renders

Another expected model kit - absolutely new Fw 190 in 1/48 scale. I think that some experienced modelers will be surprised with new design philosophy behind this kit.

_MG_6291.JPG

Take a careful look at the photo above.

_MG_6292.JPG

Yes, engine will be simplified and made as simple insert. Some might justify it with the fact that airplane's heart is barely visible behind the cooler fan, while others will say that detailed plastic engine is a nice bonus in 1/48 scale. Well, now we hope that Brassin accessory will be available for this new model.

_MG_6293.JPG

Parts marked with white color were re-made in order to be more precise. Moreover, some of the model dimensions were also corrected to be more realistic.

V.P.
Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

QuoteQuote(...) 1/48th scale Fw 190A family introduced before end of the year (2016). The Fw 190A family release plan will be opened by A-3 and A-4 versions, never seen in our boxing before.(...)

Source: http://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/distributors/leaflet/leaflet2016-02.pdf

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1461865463828396

Our 1/48th scale Fw 190A design is ready for tooling! The project designer for the Fw 190A is Ladislav Jonáš

The kit will be released in the second half of next year.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

PS

Looks to be a simpler build than the current A kits where you have to build a full engine, (Although you can cheat slightly though if building one closed up) 

Note engine face 'plug'. Bottom left corner of first sprue in pics. Reminds me of their recent 1/72

Fw190, with the full engine being a brassin option.

edit: Also the wing root cannon covers mimics the current 72nd kits as being part of upper wing.  Nice!

Edited by Tony Oliver

• 1 month later...

Fresh news - Source: https://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2017/info-eduard-2017-01EN.pdf

FW190.png

(...) Next up will be the Fw 190A in 1/48 scale. This project will be significantly affected by the planned tool shop innovations, at least for its first versions. The first will be the Fw 190A-4 in a ProfiPACK edition. The A-4 is, together  with the A-3, one of the versions which were not covered by the previous generation of Eduard Focke-Wulfs, and so we are going to begin this new design project with these specific versions. I will not tell you the month of the Fw 190A-4 release, but I estimate the third quarter of 2017.

The A-3 will follow, and subsequently we will release the Royal Class package of the Fw 190 early versions containing the A-3, A-4 and A-5. Then, we will follow up with the A-8, A-6, A-7, and F-8, along with their various sub-variants. I would like to stress that these are a completely new design which has not much common with the old one. That goes for the model concept, as well as for details, both interior and exterior. There are significant changes in the model shape, especially pertaining to the fuselage. It is important to note that these models will be greatly simplified with respect to assembly, and such details as the engine and guns will be covered by the Brassin line, as has become the standard over our last several releases, leaving a simplified and well engineered kit to build. (...)

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a test shot all built up. Looks realy nice. Restrained rivets and very crisp details. Looks like I'll have to get the Royal Class Fw-190A-3/4 when it's out in October(?).

Edited by Masinissa
bad embed code
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looks epic, totally agree with the "simplified" design philosophy, will make life so much easier for the majority of modellers. Love the way Eduard strive for accuracy, don't think anyone could deny that their efforts in this area have been almost superhuman, acknowledging errors and taking the trouble to correct them. Tamiya then Eduard in my estimation, outstanding. Nice one!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...