A couple of small white metal loco kits.

'V'

I would have prefered to add to my wagon builds posting, but don't think I can add photographs in answers to a thread.

Model Railways can be as much fun as any other modelling, but running trains can become a little boring ?

The thing that keeps me the most interested is shunting, moving stock in as few moves as possible to line a train in

a specific order. To that end I'd decided to build a pure shunting yard, but not a big railway company yard. I looked

at the available small shunting locomotives and decided there was nothing that quite suited me.

The modellers answer - build something.

Roxey Mouldings do just 2 different 4 mm '00' white metal kits.

IMG_1240_zpsugjjlay1.jpg

As I run DCC I needed to convert the Tenshodo power spud

IMG_1258_zpshf89latm.jpg

Drill a couple of holes in the white metal footplate to take power into the engine compartment.

IMG_1259_zpsoq1egemb.jpg

I won't go through all the building process, but rather than solder together I used good quality super glue. Here

'Fifi' sits showing off my initial attempt to use a bow-pen. I have not had another try as I know much practice is

needed.

IMG_1282_zpszsgjelzd.jpg

IMG_1355_zpsk7gjub8n.jpg

Alongside 'Fifi' is the other even smaller kit. Seen behind is a small general railway company shunting locomotivein the

form of a Hornby class 06 diesel ..... Rather obvious why I thought these were too large !!

'V'

• Like 1

I shall now try adding a couple of photos here on the un-named 'Minnie' from Roxey Mouldings.

IMG_1352_zps1cvpf3tk.jpg

This runs on exactly the same Tenshodo SPUD and again the same DCC conversion needed. This time somewhat harder to take through into the cab, but more or less the same principal.

IMG_1367_zpsrmq8bqsr.jpg

To get a small enough decoder with top running qualities I again chose a Lenz silver mini. Here hidden behind a plasticard

panel.

IMG_1388_zpsz7eavdif.jpg

I'm still working on fine detail & in this picture some parts are just propped in place.

IMG_1390_zps17dus1zf.jpg

Not a cheap option as the kits with power unit are both in the £70 bracket and the Lenz decoders from my source which were £29 each put

each loco into the £100 price range ....... BUT I don't recall seeing one working, and 'Fifi' can easily pull 20 wagons, the most I've had behind

Minnie is 6, but still power to spare. This is all beyond 'reason' of prototype loading, but proves they're good runners.

'V'

Edited by 'V'
  • Like 1

I've been finding it almost impossible to remove the duplicate picture - sorry

'V'