Warhammer 40K Imperial Knight, All done

• 1 year later...
On 08/06/2016 at 16:13, wkennerley said:

Great build, I have only recently discoverred these Knights and want one - It will have to be one with the gatling gun.

Wayne

Hi Wayne, apologies for the very late response. Did you ever get one of these Knights? Of course, GW have released even more brutal versions now with bigger weapon loads. 

I was bored recently so snapped my Knight outside then had a play with PS. 

See what you all think. 

IMG-5198a.jpg

IMG-5180a.jpg

IMG-5190b.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, geedubelyer said:

I was bored recently so snapped my Knight outside then had a play with PS.  

I like the dust around the feet, that adds a ton of life to the images. Very cool.

1 hour ago, DalekCheese said:

I’d like one of these but I’m not sure whether to get the big cannon one, the Gatling gun one, or the chainsword one. Advice?

If you're not using them to play 40K then I'd just go for whatever combination of price and coolness suits :) GW's website will show you the sprues for each kit so you can see which weapons are included - they reboxed the original knight with extra stuff (e.g. the top missile pod) and have done some other boxings as well for different chassis and mixes of weapons.

I like this one as it has a pilot and interior:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Knight-Preceptor-Canis-Rex-2018

spacer.png

You can also get tiny versions for Adeptus Titanicus, these are on 32mm bases and were really fun to build & paint.

32113130047_3059d8cdfe_b.jpg

Apologies for thread-jack, I like knights :)

Will

• Like 3

13 hours ago, DalekCheese said:

I’d like one of these but I’m not sure whether to get the big cannon one, the Gatling gun one, or the chainsword one. Advice?

Fit the arms with magnets, as I have done, and you can do all the load variations and swap them around as you wish

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Terrific job on your Knight Wayne. that's top class finishing, well done mate. 

Hi Will, glad you like the pics too. No need for apologies as I'm also fond of these Knights. The Adeptus Titanicus models might be the only way I could ever afford a Warlord Titan. Posing that model with a full sized Knight might offer some interesting forced perspective shots....

DalekCheese, Wayne's idea of using magnets is popular and gives you the option to switch out the weaponry whenever you want. If you but the Knight Warden offering you get the additional sprue for the top mounted weapons too.

Alternatively, go for the big boys, Valiant or Castellan for even more guns and armour. 

The model that Will showed is pretty cool too, especially with that interior to display.

Finally, perhaps a Chaos Knight might float your boat? Not sure they're out yet but I think they're coming. Forgeworld already offer resin alternative components for Chaos Knights

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DalekCheese said:

Thank you for the advice everyone. @Will Vale, the adeptus mechanicus ones might be worth a look. How much do they cost?

I'm guessing you mean Adeptus Titanicus - although confusingly there is an Adeptus Mechanicus and they do have knights (complete with hazard stripes!)

The little ones are listed here:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Adeptus-Titanicus-Imperial-Knights

You get three to a box, and they are very wee but they're still neat kits and capture a lot of the detail of their big-scale friends.

32113159897_2e2c6db87e_b.jpg

I would go into a Games Workshop (if you live near one) and have a look at the boxes and display models and make your choice that way. There are a *lot* of options and with the imminent arrival of spikey Chaos knights the range will get bigger still.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1