She's starting to take shape nicely now Paul, not long now before the ADC grey.

John

Many thanks,John. It's been great to have reached the first painting stage.I'm content with her so far.All the very best,Paul.
  • Like 1

Looking good already with the first paint on it. May be a silly question why did yiu remove the masking?

Jan Remco

Hello,Jan - Thank you very much as well.No,it's not a silly question at all that you have asked.For this initial priming stage,I use Acrylic Car Primer.I use this straight from the spray can.It's very effective but not as 'subtle' as airbrush application.So,I always remove what I call the 'industrial' masking to double-check that no overspray has entered the cockpit and no heavy build up has formed on the edges.I make any remedial touching up at this stage,if necessary.On this occasion,all was fine.The next masking will be more 'refined' and suitable for the finishing work.It's just my silly method of working,I guess. :) All the very best,Paul.
  • Like 1

Looking excellent Paul! I like how you are building it pretty much as intended, hard to make an old kit look good and your doing a fine job at it. Look forward to some paint going on.

David.[/quote

Hello,David - Your kind reply is very much appreciated.I know many fellow 'aircrew' on the Forum would transform this kit into a 'modern day masterpiece'.I respect and admire their skills which are greater than mine.I'm just happy to do my best by her and hopefully show the 'Voodoo Magic' of a kit released over thirty years ago.The transparencies are as clear as crystal and easily as good as today's finest.I'm really looking forward to the 'decorative' painting process and will update as soon as I can.All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

finally found some time to get back to your thread. As expected, you're doing a superb job on this impressive bird! Really looking forward to see it progress further. I have the 1:72 Revell version and it's a model I really want to build but, as they say, "too many models, too little time"...

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Hi Paul,

finally found some time to get back to your thread. As expected, you're doing a superb job on this impressive bird! Really looking forward to see it progress further. I have the 1:72 Revell version and it's a model I really want to build but, as they say, "too many models, too little time"...

Cheers

Jaime

Thank you very much,Jaime.Progress has been dreadfully slow but she's starting to come together.Working on the main undercarriage units and their positioning at the moment.Looking forward to aiming the airbrush at this asap.All the very best,Paul.
  • Like 1

Just found this! I always like to see OOB builds and this one looks cracking so far. Watching with interest.

Welcome aboard,CurrantBunbury - I'm looking forward to making better progress with this build and more interesting viewing.Thank you so much for your kind interest.All the very best,Paul.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,Friends - At long last,'Voodoo' has had all the basic priming and remedial work done and is now ready for the cosmetic painting stages.I chose 'Halfords' White Acrylic Primer as the base colour because of the shade of the final grey colour.To get to this stage,I've found the kit rewarding but also quite challenging.As good as the kit is,it isn't a click together type.That is why I decided to complete as much of the construction and assembly as I could before cosmetic painting.The next time you see her after this,she'll be hopefully sporting her USAF ADC Grey.Thank you for viewing.All the very best,Paul.

image_zpsjpdtmgj6.jpeg

image.jpg8_zpswydikffw.jpg

image_zpshynybemc.jpeg

image_zpsbdjbijz1.jpeg

Edited by mcdonnell
  • Like 5

Excellent job with the primer, Paul. I'm sure you'll do a superb paint job :)

Cheers

Jaime

Bless you,Jaime.The primer is straight out of the rattle can.I wouldn't dare put that stuff in my airbrush! I'm just so pleased to have finally arrived at this stage.All the very best,Paul.
  • Like 1

Hello,Friends - The Wheel Wells and inside of the Undercarriage Doors are now masked and the 'USAF ADC GREY' beckons!! :) All the very best,Paul.

image.jpg1_zpst1ghjovg.jpg

Edited by mcdonnell
  • Like 5

Hi Paul,

Nice work on the Voodoo. Almost ready for decals I guess.

Jan Remco

Hello,Jan - It's great to hear from you too.She's ready now for the USAF ADC Grey and detail painting work to be done.I hope to gather pace a little with this build because I'm looking forward to seeing her 'on the ramp' :) All the very best,Paul.

A fabulous looking pit and you're making great work of her so far! :thumbsup2:

Cheers :)

Martin

Hello,Martin - Many thanks from across the miles.Your kind reply is much appreciated.I'm trying my best with her and hoping to give her the ADCGrey this coming weekend,all being well.All the very best,Paul.
  • Like 1

Hi Paul,

Just went through your build and what a fine job you are doing, its nice to see a a OOB build and I loved the old Monogram kits fond memories of them as a kid !

Love the Voodoo and the colour choice and lovely work on the cockpit keep up the good work.

I will be popping back for a look. :coolio:

Guy

• Like 1

Hi Paul,

Just went through your build and what a fine job you are doing, its nice to see a a OOB build and I loved the old Monogram kits fond memories of them as a kid !

Love the Voodoo and the colour choice and lovely work on the cockpit keep up the good work.

I will be popping back for a look. :coolio:

Guy

Hello,Guy - Thank you so much for you very kind reply and interest.I'm trying my best with her and do justice to Monogram.The next photos will be posted after the ADC Grey has been applied.All the very best,Paul.

Paul

Just read through the last five pages and have to say you've inspired me to bring my old Voodoo back down from the 'shelf of forgetfulness' where it's been sitting fo the last twenty years !! - Just hope the carefully hoarded decals will work after all this time.

Superb project sir, looking forward to the next instalment.

Ian.

• Like 1

Paul

Just read through the last five pages and have to say you've inspired me to bring my old Voodoo back down from the 'shelf of forgetfulness' where it's been sitting fo the last twenty years !! - Just hope the carefully hoarded decals will work after all this time.

Superb project sir, looking forward to the next instalment.

Ian.

Hello,Ian - Many thanks to you from across the miles.I hope you have a go with your 'Voodoo'.My kit had been lost in the 'Attic of Time' and it was purely by chance I found it.I've replaced the kit decals with new ones from Caracal which feature the original kit scheme I'm staying with.Your kind interest is much appreciated and respected.All the very best,Paul.