Hello,Friends - This project is my first WIP.I intend to build her totally OOB and as Monogram intended.No re-scribing,resin or phot-etch.I hope to give her the justice she deserves and that this will be of interest to you.All the best,Paul.

image_zps6pyayune.jpeg

image_zpscnshbmks.jpeg

image_zps6szmewvq.jpeg

• Like 12

Good stuff. A classic legendary Monogram kit of the awesome One-O-Wonder. Looking good so far. Biggest issue you'll hzve with this kit as you are probably aware is fit!

Hello,Threadbear - Many thanks for your reply.I respect what you're saying.To be honest,I forgot I even had this kit,having purchased it so long ago and not being stored with my other kits.The box is just about shot but all was okay with the plastic.The clarity of the clear parts would give any current manufacturer a run for their money and I thought the surface detail,although raised,is exquisite.I'm treating the build as a 'Tribute to a Golden Oldie' and hope she'll look the part parked alongside my 'Srike Eagle' and 'Phantom'(both of these are on my RFI Posts).Thank you for viewing and all the very best to you,Paul.

• Like 1

Paul,

Oh I am going to enjoy this very much.

Neat start and look forward to seeing more .. :goodjob:

Thank you..

HAPPY CHRISTMAS..

Hello,Houston - Many thanks for your very kind reply.I promise I'll try my best with her.All the very best and Seasons Greetings to you,Paul.

Paul,

Great airplane to build, looks like the box had some time in the stash. Looking forward to the result.

It's an airframe I have on the wish list.

Jan Remco.

That's a great kit. Are you going to do it in the One True Paint Scheme?

Hello,Jan and Hello,Jessica - Many thanks to you both for your kind interest in this project.Yes,Jan,I reckon I've had this kit about 25 years!The box shows its age but the plastic fully intact and as new.I hope to do her justice and for her to take place next to her 'Phantom' and 'Strike Eagle' family members.

Jessica,I'm planning on her being in that airframe colour but wearing one of the USAF Air National Guard Units.The 'Texans' is on my replacement decal sheet and was on the original kit sheet.All the very best to you both,Paul.

The Voodoo certainly had a good variety of colour schemes, from bare metal, ADC grey to the anniversary schemes of the Canadian Armed Forces. Will be watching with interest. Beware that Monogram decals were never the best and their boxes were always quite flimsy!

• Like 1

Watch yourself when installing the main landing gear legs into the wings, there's almost nothing in the way of a positive locating structure for them.

Also test fit the intake trunking, it has some horrible gaps in it.

• Like 1

Hi Paul!

I have a Rareplanes Vacform of this in 1/72 that has been tentatively prepped for building so I will be taking a few truck loads of inspiration from this build! Ive already found your photo of th cockpit extremely useful,

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

Viv

• Like 1

Hello,Friends - A little bit of progress to show.Thanks to some much appreciated technique advice from John (Canberra Kid) I've started the basic highlighting of the instrument panel details.Please forgive me for poor photos.All the very best,Paul.

image_zpshhuxt1o7.jpeg

image_zpss157v7gi.jpeg

• Like 7

It's excellent that you're doing this as a fresh, out of the box build. I've always rated old Monogram very highly, especially their Century series in 1/48.

It makes a refreshing change from the usual uber-builds I'm used to! Hoping for inspiration to do the same!

Al

• Like 3

That's looking good Paul, it really shows just how good the kit detail is!

John

It's excellent that you're doing this as a fresh, out of the box build. I've always rated old Monogram very highly, especially their Century series in 1/48.

It makes a refreshing change from the usual uber-builds I'm used to! Hoping for inspiration to do the same!

Al

Hello,John and Al - Many thanks for your very kind replies.John,once again I thank you for your advice on dry-brush technique.Al,I literally found this long forgotten kit in my loft.I guess I must have purchased it about 25 years ago.The box showed its age but I was quite spellbound when Insaw the level and quality of the kit's detail.I knew straight away that I needed to try my best with her."Voodoo Magic". All the very best to you both,Paul.
  • Like 1

Hi Paul!

I have a Rareplanes Vacform of this in 1/72 that has been tentatively prepped for building so I will be taking a few truck loads of inspiration from this build! Ive already found your photo of th cockpit extremely useful,

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

Viv

Rareplanes did a Voodoo? First I've heard of it, and I have owned at least one of every Rareplanes kit since they first appeared. Can you post photos?

• Like 1

Better pictures then I have Jessica,

My sole cockpit photo from a CF-101:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e76/millsforester/CF-101%20Vodoo/IMG_6512.jpg

Pretty sure the mice got this one:

Engine photos for when you get there:

http://s37.photobucket.com/user/millsforester/library/CF-101%20Vodoo

Hello,Jessica and Foresterab Many thanks to you both for kindly sharing those photos.All the very best to you both,Paul.

Hello,Friends - Progress is steadily being made on instrument panels and have now started the detail painting on the ejector seats.I will post some more photos as these items develop.I've found this photo of the 'Voodoo' flown by the 'Texans'.I intend to finish my build in this scheme.All the very best,Paul.

image_zpsildtbepq.jpeg

• Like 4

I worked on the CF version when I was in the CAF. The kit is quite accurate with just subtle errors. If you have an old issue of FSM, from April '88, check the reader gallery for my build of it. Are you interested building ladders for it? Pretty well impossible to get into the monster with them. Those Texan birds have the small duct opening on the Vertical stab leading edge, just forward of the word "Texas".

Would be glad to answer any questions you have about the aircraft but my experience is only with the CF version.

Keeping an eye on your progress.

• Like 1

I worked on the CF version when I was in the CAF. The kit is quite accurate with just subtle errors. If you have an old issue of FSM, from April '88, check the reader gallery for my build of it. Are you interested building ladders for it? Pretty well impossible to get into the monster with them. Those Texan birds have the small duct opening on the Vertical stab leading edge, just forward of the word "Texas".

Would be glad to answer any questions you have about the aircraft but my experience is only with the CF version.

Keeping an eye on your progress.

Hello,Baldwin8 -Thank you so much for your very kind reply and interest.It's such a privilege to speak to people like your goodself with first hand experience of the real aircraft.I hadn't considered building ladders for her as yet but will do as she progresses.I scratch built a ladder for my 'Lightning'which I enjoyed but these may be another animal altogether.I look forward to further contact with you.All the very best,Paul.