Fishy Rust Bucket

beefy66

Hi Beefers

That sub looks cool - I picked up one second hand at a show last summer along with the original set of revel crew - when I get around to it, I'm going to do a box art build of the u boat.

You keep mentioning your local hobby shop - you certainly are lucky and in a minority now - where I live all the model shops are now defunct!

GS that one is the 1/144 scale version think you are on about the 1/72 scale one.

We are indeed very lucky to have this shop so close at hand. He is really building up his selection of painting and weathering stock and really keeps up with new releases of such. His kits may look priced on the high side, but he does offer some good discounts on the Airfix/Revell/Tamiya selection which can make some subjects very attractive.

Long may he last!

Brian

Yes too attractive sometimes when you are trying not to get another kit :shrug:

Nice one Brian, let's treasure the few remaining LHS's. I have a good one in Heerhugowaard and one near Schiphol and I plan my purchases as much as possible.

Yes Julian and the name of that place is easy for you to say :confused:

Beefy

• Like 1

Funny you should say that about the fish fingers a couple of mates at the model club said similar things the other night one was prawns and the other was sardines. :captain:

Well I,am going to have to say no to any of that as the hull is all sealed up now and missus Beefy would not be to happy with the smell in the house me thinks :shrug:

There was a story of a divorcing couple, where the wife had gone off with another man. At the divorce, she was awarded the house, and the husband had to pay. After the ex wife and her new boyfriend moved in, the house began to smell. Despite a thorough search, from cellar to roof, the source could not be found. It became unbearable, so they moved out and gave the property back to the ex husband.

He moved in, unscrewed the finials from the curtain poles, and removed the prawns.

Revenge is sweet.

• Like 2

There was a story of a divorcing couple, where the wife had gone off with another man. At the divorce, she was awarded the house, and the husband had to pay. After the ex wife and her new boyfriend moved in, the house began to smell. Despite a thorough search, from cellar to roof, the source could not be found. It became unbearable, so they moved out and gave the property back to the ex husband.

He moved in, unscrewed the finials from the curtain poles, and removed the prawns.

Revenge is sweet.

And I bet that bloke is saying to himself Ahh the sweet smell of success :devil::wicked::hmmm:

Beefy

GS that one is the 1/144 scale version think you are on about the 1/72 scale one.

Yes too attractive sometimes when you are trying not to get another kit :shrug:

Yes Julian and the name of that place is easy for you to say :confused:

Beefy

I spared you a real fishing port: Scheveningen :bleh::clown::bleh::clown::bleh::clown::bleh::clown:

• Like 1

OK so build completed started with the weathering and rigging couple of bits to do then should be able to get more done as have one day off work tomorrow :yahoo::yahoo:

IMG_00011_zpslfwcvunv.jpg

IMG_00012_zpshuonb3qf.jpg

IMG_00013_zpsysrqffct.jpg

IMG_00014_zpsx3pxbojx.jpg

Beefy

• Like 11

OK so build completed started with the weathering and rigging couple of bits to do then should be able to get more done as have one day off work tomorrow :yahoo::yahoo:

IMG_00011_zpslfwcvunv.jpg

IMG_00012_zpshuonb3qf.jpg

IMG_00013_zpsysrqffct.jpg

IMG_00014_zpsx3pxbojx.jpg

Beefy

A well worked fisherman Keith, great work :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind words there lads.

These are great cheap kits to have a bit of fun with if you want to try out some new stuff but not wanting to play about with an expressive kit.

Beefy

Small update started work on the base for the Bucket.

Using building insulation and a bit of scrap Conti board shaped to look like the ship has just gone through a big wave with the Bow up and tai lend down

IMG_00025_zpsoimzhy9e.jpg

And in a bit of daylight for a change up here

5_zpsusjh4grf.jpg

IMG_00045_zpswwsr984i.jpg

Next up seal the foam with PVA glue and set the ship on to the base with Silicone

Beefy

• Like 7

This is going to be the really fun bit! Thanks to this thread, I ended forking out for an original Revell Kandahar kit yesterday. I have fond memories of my father helping my build it one Christmas afternoon.

Martin

• Like 2

Personally I would say she's riding too high in the "water".

These ships were fairly deep draught for their length / breadth, were expertly and highly ballasted (supplies / fuel / ice / fresh water outgoing, replaced by catch ((hopefully) or seawater homebound)) and generally considered as superb sea riding ships. They were designed for strength / stability and were usually very low riding in the water.

They were incredibly interesting boats as far as the Royal Navy was concerned and many were used in Navy Service to great effect. Google - Royal Navy Trawler... Fascinating stuff!

• Like 2