Revell Germany B-17 F

castlegaiden

Hello!

I am looking to build a set of aftermarket wheels for this model and was wondering if someone who owns one here on Britmodeller could measure the outer diameter of the main wheel axle (or inner diameter for the kit wheel)?

I already have my design done in 1/48 based on the Monogram kit, and would like to scale down and tweak for the newer small scale Revell kit.

My budget is very tight at the moment, so I cannot afford to buy one to take measurements.

Thank you!!

Brian

How accurate do you need it? My Verniers are out in the garage and it's raining. A steel rule across the stub axle appears to show 1.5mm diameter though.

20151205_171610_zpsi0ybc6oc.jpg

Excuse the manky nails - I was fixing my TVR last night (yes, yes, go on - I've heard them all before)

Hello!

I am looking to build a set of aftermarket wheels for this model and was wondering if someone who owns one here on Britmodeller could measure the outer diameter of the main wheel axle (or inner diameter for the kit wheel)?

I already have my design done in 1/48 based on the Monogram kit, and would like to scale down and tweak for the newer small scale Revell kit.

My budget is very tight at the moment, so I cannot afford to buy one to take measurements.

Thank you!!

Brian

Since dimensions in 1:72 scale are 2/3 those in 1:48, couldn't you simply measure your 1:48 wheels and multiply by 2/3?

How accurate do you need it? My Verniers are out in the garage and it's raining. A steel rule across the stub axle appears to show 1.5mm diameter though.

20151205_171610_zpsi0ybc6oc.jpg

Excuse the manky nails - I was fixing my TVR last night (yes, yes, go on - I've heard them all before)

Of subject, but back in 2000 I was on a 4 month Det down the Falklands.

Imagine my surprise to see a Yellow TVR parked in someone's drive in Port Stanley.

Surprised mainly because the roads are so poor for sports cars, I could only guess that the one place with a decent surface was the airport.