Stew Dapple's Dabblings 2015

Stew Dapple

These are my builds for the second full year of my Britmodeller membership; hopefully by December 31st there will be 25 completed for this year...

January

1) Airfix Defiant Nightfighter, 151 Squadron, Wittering, Dec. 1940

DSCN2372.jpg

RFI here

February

2) Airfix Defiant Nightfighter, 264 Squadron, Debden, Dec. 1940

DSCN2434.jpg

RFI here

March

3 & 4) Airfix Dornier Do17Z & Boulton-Paul Defiant Dogfight Double

DSCN2799.jpg

RFI here

5) Airfix Dornier Do17Z 9/KG.76 'Kenley Raider' (with Xtradecal and Techmod transfers)

DSCN2760.jpg

RFI here

April

6) Heller Dewoitine D510 (with Pavla transfers)

DSCN3073.jpg

Build thread here

7) Airfix Bristol Blenheim Mk.IV, 105 Sqn

DSCN3039.jpg

RFI here

May

8, 9 & 10) Airfix Spitfire I & two Spitfire Ia, 72 Squadron, 266 Squadron and 222 Squadron

DSCN3276.jpg

DSCN3292.jpg

DSCN3314.jpg

RFI here

11) Azur Morane-Saulnier MS406C "Battle of France"

DSCN3497.jpg

Build thread here

June

12) ACE Citroën 11CV "Traction Avant"

DSCN3577.jpg

Build thread here

13, 14 & 15) Airfix Spitfire Ia (times three), RAF Auxiliaries, 602 Squadron, 603 Squadron and 609 Squadron

DSCN3618.jpg

DSCN3638.jpg

DSCN3668.jpg

RFI here

July

16) Revell (ex-Matchbox) Westland Lysander Mk.II, 16 Squadron

DSCN3813.jpg

RFI here

17) Italeri Fiat CR.42 Falco, Corpo Aereo Italiano

DSCN3908.jpg

Build thread here

September/October

18, 19 & 20) Fujimi Junkers Ju87B-1 and two Ju87B-2s

DSCN4089.jpg

DSCN4046.jpg

DSCN4065.jpg

Build thread here

21) Airfix Tiger Moth G-ADJJ (Xtradecal transfers)

DSCN4142.jpg

Build thread here

22 & 23) Airfix Bristol Beaufighter TFX - two Coastal Command Beaus

DSCN4155.jpg

DSCN4167.jpg

RFI here

...that's it so far... thanks for looking in.

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 36

Excellent stuff. I somehow managed to miss a few of them during the year so it's great to see them all together. I particularly like the Falco and the Do17's but they are all of a very high standard.

Duncan B

• Like 1

Great stuff Stew

I particualy like the first Defiant.

Where do you guys find the much time to finish so many models in a year? Or in other words where am I going Wrong.....!

James

• Like 1

Thank you Mish, gents :)

I doubt I will finish 25 in a year again, unless I become unemployed of course, but I suspect this year's number of completed builds may be strongly influenced by three things:

1. I'm single and my dog doesn't care how much I spend on models so long as the biscuit budget does not suffer as a result
  2. I don't watch television (though I do spend hours on this site every week)
  3. There have been some kits released in the last couple of years that were possibly designed with the express intention of getting into my stash in multiples. When the stash gets bigger I build more out of some misguided sense of guilt.

Thanks for your attention and interest :)

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

Had to look closer to see that some weren't the same model twice, but I do like the idea of building a collection of aircraft in the same simular scheme with different serials, and yours are all finished so neatly. I particularly like the Luftwaffe Dornier Do 17, Ju 87's and the Dogfight double display :goodjob:

• Like 1

The quality shows. I remember most of these as you were building them - always entertaining and informative.

The Citroen I totally missed. Like you, a good friends' family ( older brother in this case ) had one, and always enjoyed riding around in it. I ended up at the same university as the brother, whose car - surprise - was always part of any kind of campus festivities. He thought nothing of driving it 600 odd kms from Pretoria down to Grahamstown quite routinely.

Enjoyed seeing all these 'old friends' again

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 2

What a year Stew! That is a fantastic collection, and it includes two Spitfire triples. You have shown that that is the most proper number for Spitfire builds. The Tigermoth is indeed special as many have said. Also the Beaufighters look so svelte in the Coastal Command grey scheme.

• Like 2

What a superb collection as always Stew,.......I love them all,.......the Defiant`s and Spitfire`s especially stand out for me but your Fiat CR.42 just pips them for me,.....one of my favourite models on BM for 2015!!

All the best for 2016,

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 1