1/72 - Dewoitine D.510C/TH by Hobby Boss - in project

Homebee

HobbyBoss is to release in 2016-2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 etc. 1/72nd Devoitine D.510 kits:

ref. 80294 - D.510C

ref. 80295 - D.510TH

Sources:http://scalemodels.ru/modules/news/img_9588_1449141901_7.jpg.html

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/news/img_9588_1449141921_8.jpg.html

510-1.png 510-2.png

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dewoitine D.510C/TH by Hobby Boss - release in 2023 ?
  • 2 months later...

It's a pity that it never materialized. At the moment I'm building a KP D.510. The fit is poor (of course), and the panel lines look like they were done with a rusty nail, uneven. At some places the rusty nail has slipped and made deep scratches outside the line.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TheKinksFan said:

It's a pity that it never materialized. At the moment I'm building a KP D.510. The fit is poor (of course), and the panel lines look like they were done with a rusty nail, uneven. At some places the rusty nail has slipped and made deep scratches outside the line.

I feel your pain! I went back to the Heller kit, with a few bits added from the KP kit

123095158_3447766148644851_8784160837324

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dave Fleming said:

I feel your pain! I went back to the Heller kit, with a few bits added from the KP kit

Maybe I should do the same. This kit has very poor surface detail, even a lot worse than Admiral / AZ Devastator. 

Having built the KP kit, which I thought was not made with long life moulds, I wonder if your kit is showing signs of damage and wear. Not the easiest kit I have ever made, but not a disaster. 

This was my build thread

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dewoitine D.510C/TH by Hobby Boss - in project
1 hour ago, Dave Fleming said:

I bought mine as soon as it came out (although no knowing how far down the production line that is)

My kit is the same boxing as the one mr T built. These imperfections look very strange, like cuts and small holes, never seen anything like that before. I'll decide what to do when my Šmer kit arrives. 

That is strange as looking at my build the panel lines could be better in places, but no sign of cuts, nicks, or holes. It does really make me wonder if the mould was damaged during the production run. I am sure I read somewhere that 'short run' moulds used a form of resin, and the more than one mould was often made, as they deteriorated quite quickly. Some Merlin/Veeday kits had terrible surfaces, the TSR2 kit had bits of the mould on my kit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr T said:

That is strange as looking at my build the panel lines could be better in places, but no sign of cuts, nicks, or holes. It does really make me wonder if the mould was damaged during the production run. I am sure I read somewhere that 'short run' moulds used a form of resin, and the more than one mould was often made, as they deteriorated quite quickly. Some Merlin/Veeday kits had terrible surfaces, the TSR2 kit had bits of the mould on my kit. 

Had another look at mine, and of course there are two fuselages in the kit - one is significantly better scribed than the other!

• Like 1