1/32 - Douglas TBD-1/A Devastator by Trumpeter - released - Airscale upgrade sets

Homebee

Apparently, this has been listed as a new release item for 13 years now. I'm not sure if the number of years is exactly correct, but its not far off. Take this announcement with several grains of salt.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Douglas TBD-1 Devastator by Trumpeter - test build - release in 2022-2023

Just checked and it’s not April 1st, so I don’t think this is a joke. But it is sort of like thinking I’ve seen a ghost after so many years of “no, for real, the kit is coming this year.”  So maybe it’s finally near the finish line, and that’s great news. I’m not familiar with the plane beyond the basic shape, but it looks good to me from that photo. Hope it sells well for them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 03/10/2022 at 10:13, colin ritchie said:

There are people in the Large Scale Planes forum who will be having a collective meltdown over these pics - It's been a long long time since the kit was promised!

6 pages on that particular topic thread, not as large a meltdown as I expected considering the gestation period !

• Haha 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Douglas TBD-1 Devastator by Trumpeter - test build+box art - release April 2023
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Douglas TBD-1 Devastator by Trumpeter - released
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Douglas TBD-1 Devastator by Trumpeter - released - new boxing TBD-1A in 2023-2024

It looks great but aren't they the same markings as the Monogram 1/48 one?

Edited as I've looked at the Monogram boxart and it is the same markings. Mind you, I don't know much about USN aircraft markings but I thought that the yellow on the tail was a different shade from that on the wings (Lemon instead of Chrome maybe?)

Edited by Phil Evans

@Phill Evans you are correct the wings were Glossy Orange-Yellow (similar to FS13538, Gloss Insignia Yellow) and the Lexington Air Group tail is Gloss Light Yellow (similar to FS 13655 Blue Angel Yellow).

Is it me or are the Trumpeter canopies suffering from the usual Trumpeter too wide spread? Looks that way in the sprue photos. 

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Douglas TBD-1 Devastator by Trumpeter - released - new boxing TBD-1A in October 2023
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Douglas TBD-1 Devastator by Trumpeter - released - new boxing TBD-1A in October 2023 - Airscale cockpit set
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Douglas TBD-1 Devastator by Trumpeter - released - new boxing TBD-1A in October 2023 - Airscale upgrade sets
  • 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Douglas TBD-1/A Devastator by Trumpeter - released - Airscale upgrade sets