Wolfgang has passed away

Graeme

I'm sure that many Ex-BAOR people will remember Wolfgang and his blue Mercedes bratty wagon that was a common site on Soltau training area, often parked up in a location before we got there, and ready with bratwurst und pommes, which kept up going when the alternative was Compo rations.

It's been posted on Facebook - he had his own page apparently - that he has sadly passed away. I'm sure we will have a little smile when we think back to how often he was there ready with (relatively) hot food on many a cold night.

Danke Wolfgang.

• Like 1

He was the best Pathfinder in BAOR. He could find any Regt/Sqn no matter where they were on the training area. I remember he had the uncanny ability to rock up at any harbour area, no matter how tactical and hush hush you were being, and get his cooker going. "War" / Exercise would stop and everybody would queue up for currywurst mit pommes und mayo and a can of Coke. Always lifted spirits on a cold evening. Much better than compo.

Edited by Fatman24834154
  • Like 1

He was the best Pathfinder in BAOR. He could find any Regt. Sqn no matter where they were on the turning area. I remember he had the uncanny ability to rock up at any harbour area, no matter how tactical and hush hush you were being, and get his cooker going. "War" / Exercise would stop and everybody would queue up for . Currywurst mit pommes und mayo and a can of Coke always lifted spirits on a cold evening. Much better than compo.

Yeh it was spooky, almost like he had the training plan that the range wardens had!

• Like 3

Very sad to hear this news, Wolfgang was an instant moral boost in a Mercedes, it amazed me that he could always tell us our future locations and the days that we would in position before we were told . A Legend in a blue van.

Rest in piece my friend

• Like 2

• 1 month later...