1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-31/B/BM/M "Foxhound" family by Trumpeter - released

Homebee

No, BM has this connectors since first aircrfat.  And BTW R-40 missilleы were out form RuAF inventory before MiG-31BM upgrade programm started. This missiles were produced in USSR time in Kiev, after decalre Ukraine as independence country  - quickly enough their production has been phased down, missiles, which produced earlier were run out form all resourse time. 

Edited by kotey
  • Like 1

I didn't plan on using use R40 missiles at all.

But those connectors missing from the kit is a major setback, looks like I should look for aftermarket... if anyone makes them in 72nd. Or scratchbuild them.

Like I said before, really disappointed in Trumpeter regarding this kit and would not buy again.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by drake122

Exactly for this reason i'm going to model MiG-31B, no BM - under  MiG-31B i can fit 4 R-33s and two R-40s - it will authentic. And B has many big colourfull badges too.

On 6/19/2018 at 8:48 PM, drake122 said:

I didn't plan on using use R40 missiles at all.

But those connectors missing from the kit is a major setback, looks like I should look for aftermarket... if anyone makes them in 72nd. Or scratchbuild them.

Like I said before, really disappointed in Trumpeter regarding this kit and would not buy again.

Thanks for the help.

Well, you can still make the proposed multi-role BM from the late 90's as the kit includes parts J4+J10 which are the new large pylons specific to that version intended for e.g. KH-58 missiles (plus the included cockpit decals - the ones with more MFD's are for the BM prototype, the ones with less are for the current BM, the ones without are for the B).

Kh-58-Kilter-Foxhound-1S.jpg

It is weird that the 1/72 kit doesn't have the small pylon adapters for the inner wing positions as well (only the outer ones are included) since they're included in the HB 1/48 B/BM kit.

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 1

Outer, smaller one. But fuel tank not used since end 90s - flight with fuel tank is wery hard limited by flight speed. All fuel tank were put form inventory long time ago.

• Like 1

New boxing expected in late April 2019 - ref. 01697 - MiG-31BM "Foxhound" with Kh-47M2 Kinzhal ("Dagger") air-launched ballistis missile

Sources: 

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/index.php?g=home&m=article&a=show&id=150

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/index.php?g=home&m=article&a=show&id=151&l=en

Box art 

5c77a0683e4dc.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MiG-Mech said:

Btw: Anyone heard about 3rd main gear bay door ? 😕

Yes! I have the BM kit they released in 72nd and the damn 3rd main gear door pieces are missing from the sprues, even though it was a downscale of the HB Foxhound and that one had them in the box.

Sloppy work from Trumpeter (also ugly mismold on the canopy clear part), made me never want to buy another kit from them. Their models look good superficially when in the box, but during the build at least 2-3 huge errors show up everytime.

17 hours ago, Homebee said:

New boxing in late April 2019 - ref. 01697 - MiG-31BM "Foxhound" w/KH-47M2

Source: http://www.trumpeter-china.com/index.php?g=home&m=article&a=show&id=151&l=en

Box art 

5c77a0683e4dc.jpg

V.P.

it states 1/32 on their website

20 minutes ago, thepureness said:

it states 1/32 on their website

Pretty sure that is an error ( unlike Trumpeter to make those ;) ), the kit number suggests it's 1/72nd scale.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I too was wondering about the need for the aftermarket Tempmodels nose as described a couple posts above. 

Can anyone verify that this is required for accuracy?

Cheers, Harold

Please excuse me Kotey.

But are you sure about the lack of R33 hardpoints on the MiG-31K

This image seems to contradict your statement.

DYBRxufX4AUA5YP.jpg

Source: https://www.cavok.com.br/blog/russia-dez-cacas-mig-31k-estao-em-testes-de-combate-com-o-missil-hipersonico-kinzhal/

I'm just checking so I can build an accurate MiG-31K.

/Bosse 

You see ony parts of front missiles pimples, everethig, which were further - lever starting system of a heavy missile of front hardpoint and rear hardpoint were demounted and covered by new casing paneles.

Actually it is not good references of MiG-31K - its a secret aircrfat for walkarownds, all my knowlegs about MiG-31Ks - suggestion, based on open sources photos.

MiG-31

5NFwn.jpg

MiG-31Ks:

236931.jpg

229964.jpg

229285.jpg

221671.jpg

And now i'm working about MiG-31BM and K new decal:

72-063%20MiG-31BM%20&%20K.jpg

Edited by kotey
  • Like 4