This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Homebee

1/72 - MiG-31/B/BM/M "Foxhound" family by Trumpeter - released

Has anybody any news as to when this might be released ?  Must be soon :mellow:

BillyD

On display at the All Japan Model & Hobby Show 2016 - test shot MiG-31 - ref.01679

Sources:

https://www.facebook.com/INTERALLIED/photos/pcb.1575825919110438/1575825492443814/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/TrumpeterModel/photos/pcb.666914713467125/666914580133805/?type=3&theater

No automatic alt text available.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Good news ! Hope it's as good as their Mig 29's ..... :)

BillyD

When is it (and also the MiG-29UB kit) really available ?

That looks like a downscaled hobby boss.

I suspect their Su-34 will be the same case.

Edited by drake122

Thanks Robert, the full length intakes certainly make it a step up from the ICM Mig-31 that I'm currently building and justify the price (amongst other aspects).  Think I will wait for Mig-31M boxing.  

Darren

I've got mine.
Big box.
Lot of parts.
Well packed.
Will be a big plane in 1/72.

Got mine in the post last friday. It really is just a scaled down HB kit, and they didn't even bother to correct any of the mistakes. Still a lot better than anything else we had available in 72nd scale until now.

I will try to post some pictures later.

Not going to build it until at least a PE set from Eduard is released.

Looking to get the Begemot decal sheet for it as well.

Begemot work about MiG-31BM\BSM in 1\72 scale decal

Edited by kotey

This decal include only one BM marking, actually it were first MiG-31BM, which used at PVO retraining center.

In 1\48 we have two MiG-31 decals - 48-044 Standard MiG-31s (MiG-31s from first batches to MiG-31B and DZ) and 48-040 Upgraded MiG-31s (MiG-31BM\BSM).

Same will be in 1\72 scale - two decals. 

About MiG-31BMs - in this case we went untraditional way - firstly we made masks for paint names on real MiG-31BMs in Kansk, and only after release model i'm downscaled this file to use in decal.

pilipenko.jpg

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10434320/70/12

What's interesting about this kit is that, besides having expected options for the MiG-31B and the latest BM, the cockpit decals (220/221) and pylons for the original MiG-31BM multi-role upgrade prototype from the 90's (Izdeliye 01BM) are included (J23/15 and J4/10). The 58 Blue was the 'bort' number.

mig31_kh58.jpg

You'd need to source the adapter pylon and Kh-58 missile from somewhere else, obviously.

The weird thing is that the kit doesn't include the R-60M missiles and the dual launcher pylon (APU-60-2) for the included MiG-31B variant which was a rather standard alternative to the R-40TD missile. The kit includes the R-40R missiles, but the MiG-31 never carried those, only R-40TD/TD1 were supported (for which the early production MiG-31 had to carry a APP-46TD pod apparently in place of one of the R-33 missiles, but that's not relevant for the variants given here). Fortunately, the kit includes the R-40TD missiles as well (or perhaps even TD1, I don't know how to distinguish between TD and TD1).

I do hope they'll offer the same options for their 1/48 B/BM kit in which case I'll definitely get one (plus the M, of course, if they don't pull a fast one, but actually do make a proper new fuselage for it).

Edit: I guess they are included in the 1/48 kit as well (as well as the R-60M missiles).

Edited by Dudikoff