1/48 - Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.1 by Trumpeter - released

Homebee

Not sure why they are bothering with the Airfix kit due out early in 2016. Based on past performance, I would expect the Trumpeter kit to be more expensive and less accurate.

Edited by VMA131Marine

I'm guessing Trumpeter don't give a flying monkeys about Airfix and know that they will sell... I see a kit that hasn't even got a 3D CAD drawing or plastic in a box yet is already getting witty digs about it's shape.

• Like 4

Hi

Probably due to the old adage

' your only as good as your last job '

But the majority here will hope they do a good job :)

cheers

jerry

Edited by brewerjerry
  • Like 1

I'm guessing Trumpeter don't give a flying monkeys about Airfix and know that they will sell... I see a kit that hasn't even got a 3D CAD drawing or plastic in a box yet is already getting witty digs about it's shape.

Since Trumpeter's research team hasn't been anywhere near the only surviving Defiant, while the Airfix team got to crawl all over it while it was being restored, it is not unreasonable to conclude that they will be starting with far inferior research materials. I really hope it's a good kit, but their recent track record, on British subjects in particular, does not give cause for optimism.

• Like 1

But the majority here will hope they do a good job :)

Can't speak for the majority, but I don't care whether they do or not, thanks to Airfix. There, that comment should please the "no gratuitous Airfix bashing" brethren!

bob

EDIT: And I've got a fighter and a target tug from Classic Airframes.

EDIT p.s.: Having read a few subsequent comments, I apologize for expressing negativity toward Trumpeter, but REALLY...

Edited by gingerbob

Since Trumpeter's research team hasn't been anywhere near the only surviving Defiant, while the Airfix team got to crawl all over it while it was being restored, it is not unreasonable to conclude that they will be starting with far inferior research materials. I really hope it's a good kit, but their recent track record, on British subjects in particular, does not give cause for optimism.

Why are you even bothered what Trumpeter are doing with their history on British subjects when Airfix have one coming out?

• 9 months later...