Dragon Models Join SW Universe

Madmonk

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting that they appear to want to major on 1/144. It might be a manageable size for the Falcon, but I can't help but feel it will make the fighters a bit small to be worthwhile.

I imagine the 1/35 AT-AT will be popular though. You could have it stomping a Tiger.

J.

• Like 1

Interesting that they appear to want to major on 1/144. It might be a manageable size for the Falcon, but I can't help but feel it will make the fighters a bit small to be worthwhile.

I agree. The fighters aren't exactly large to start with. I can only imagine how small a 1/144 snowspeeder would be (actually, going off the Bandai 48th one, they'd be about 40mm long). OK for dioramas, but a bit small for display models.

I suppose it could be because they don't want, or aren't allowed to release kits in the same scale as Bandai.

And on that note, have they actually said if they've got an international licence, or are we going to have another Bandai situation?

At least there'll be more to come, going by the "Phase 1" title (can I please have my B-Wing :pray: )

Andy

• Like 1

Would have been nice to have the Falcon in a different scale with 2 1/144 already in the market.

Not sure about the 1:144 AT-ST and snow speeder set, surely it would go better with the AT-AT.

• Like 1

are we going to have another Bandai situation?

it would be interesting to see how that turns out with Dragon. The thing about Bandai is they produced the kits in a popular scale eg 1/72 while Revell had odd ones. You can see why the international market would be attracted to the Bandai offering. Dragon if they are going with 1/144 might not have the same appeal due to this scale. 1/144 appears to be more popular with the Asian market as quite a number of Japanese brands offer a range of models in this scale not to mention Gundam.

Just a thought.

Dragon have a distribution agreement with Revell, and therefore might distribute their model kits internationally.

If I were Bandai, I would be mightily peed off if they're allowed to do this, and Bandai aren't.

I'm not going to lie, I'd much prefer an AT-AT in 1:72 over either of the scales offered. 35th will doubtless be impressive but I somehow doubt I'll be able to justify the cost and Iknow for certain iI won't be able to display a model that's 65cm tall. I think I'd struggle just to store the box if I'm honest.

As for 144th it's just a little too small. Standing only about 15 cm tall it's about the same size as an HG Mobile Suit and is not that much bigger than the F-toys version which you get two of in a box and as they're made by FM are of pretty good quality.

• 2 weeks later...

How tall would a 1:35 AT-AT be? 22.5m according to a Star Wars DB, so it'd be 64cm tall. We'll be talking multiple hundreds of £ by the time we see one, I'd guess. That's bigger than the Lego one the Boy has, and that's pretty large! :hmmm:

Anyone with ambitions of owning a Dragon 1/35 AT-AT might be wise to keep in mind that Dragon happily charge £20+ in the UK for a 1/72 light tank that will fit on the palm of your hand several times over.....If your weekend car isn't an Aston Martin, you might want to look elsewhere. :shutup: