1/48 - Sukhoi Su-34 "Fullback" by HobbyBoss - released - new Khibiny resin pods by Zactoman

Homebee

3 hours ago, Homebee said:

Though the question, which one? 

The NeOmega (link), the Cold War Studio (link) or the future Red Star Scale Models (link) nose set.

V.P.

The Neomega option looks like the one for me, the Red Star one looks like a less straight forward option.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Porkbits said:

With a bit of minor surgery, CWS nose in place:

9D4kQRH.jpg

y982I7T.jpg

Profile correction of the CWS part looks great. How was the fit? It does look as though you needed a bit of putty.

• Like 1

Thanks! I'm still learning proper techniques when it comes to sawing plastic (ie, haven't done it much yet), so the large gaps are probably the result of my hack job more than the nose dimensions.

I had to sand down the connecting tab bits on the top and bottom of the nose to get the nose to sit flush with the sides of the fuselage, and also sand about 1 mm off of the nose where the front of the canopy meets the nose to get canopy to sit properly.

The only quibble I have is that on the other side (ie, opposite of where I took photo), the "seam" line running the length of nose didn't quite line up with the seam line on the fuselage. Again, not sure if bc I did something wrong (probably) or if it's the CWS nose. Regardless, I can live with that vs. having proper nose shape.

And, more importantly, I can finally stop worrying about the #@#$% nose and move on with the rest of the build. 🙂

Also, pro tip for anyone about to build: don't follow the kit instructions and install the thin, fragile, protruding landing gear bits at beginning. Obvious, but.....I'm dumb. Broken them off about ten times and I just got started. 😣

Wow ...I got slated by Hobbyboss on their Facebook page for even suggesting the nose looked a bit suspect ......Karma is a bitch !!

Still got the kit though :lol:

KH kit looks really good .........(hides behind a chair waiting until it is safe to come out :angel:) 

Andy

The KH kit does look nice! Too bad I'm this far along on the HB (CWS nose and tail in place, Vallejo primer and AKAN base coat):

75FhOyi.jpg

Looks like an Su-34? 

But dangit, if the KH turns out to be not overly engineered like their other kits, might have to get that one, too. Hm.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Designed for Kitty Hawk kit but also ok for HB "Fullback"

Source: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/306879-148-su-34-kihbiny-ecm-pods/

Available here: https://zactomodels.com/html/Khibiny/Khibiny.htm

Now available!

https://zactomodels.com/

This set includes wingtip Khibiny ECM pods designed to fit the Kitty Hawk kit.
Parts and instructions included to fit them to the Hobby Boss kit.

Composite_zpsvdoaogc1.jpg

Can be modeled in 3 configurations:
1. Without photo-etch anti-flutter fences - Initial production through mid-2015.
2. With photo-etch anti-flutter fences - This modification began in mid-2015.
3. Updated nosecone with photo-etch anti-flutter fences - First appeared mid-2018.

Khibiny_9_zpszfaazkno.jpg

Khibiny_11_zps3inskvem.jpg

Khibiny_10_zpsr0mtk53g.jpg

Khibiny_11_zps3inskvem.jpg

Includes resin Khibiny pods and updated nosecones, photo-etch brass parts and pre-cut vinyl stiffener plates (for Hobby Boss kit).

Khibiny_12_zpsqxqfuevb.jpg

V.P.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2015 at 4:35 PM, kotey said:

You know, in Russia Su-34 have two nicknames - Hellduck (becouse of dark grey painting) and Ugly duck (in memory of G.H. Andersen tails)

Being Dane, please get him right: H.C. Andersen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Porkbits said:

Wish all these goodies were available when I was building! Sad!

tzlB3VH.png

That's a beautiful job you did. I've finished my first, now I'm getting my after market, masks, decals and other stuff together to do it again.

Thanks!! It was a fun--if not totally drama-free--build. I know the load-out is completely ridiculous but....I like a lot of crap hanging off jets. 🙂

I wouldn't mind building another one, but have too many other projects to finish. Ah well.