1/48 - Sukhoi Su-34 "Fullback" by HobbyBoss - released - new Khibiny resin pods by Zactoman

Homebee

6 hours ago, DIO said:

But this is just a distributor! HB has still got it on their site, right?

You caught the wrong link mate. This one was the one you wanted, not his Sig link - http://www.hobbyboss.com/index.php?g=home&m=product&a=show&id=1262&l=en

All seems a bit slow to get them over this way. Makes me wonder if theyre not selling/being picked up by distributors for some reason or other.

11 hours ago, RMP2 said:

You caught the wrong link mate. This one was the one you wanted, not his Sig link - http://www.hobbyboss.com/index.php?g=home&m=product&a=show&id=1262&l=en

All seems a bit slow to get them over this way. Makes me wonder if theyre not selling/being picked up by distributors for some reason or other.

Nope. This is Laurens' quote. I have posted exactly the same with you. Look above...

The thing is that the model is still there, and if it is not currently available in one site, it will be in another.

I find the price too high for my wallet, so I will keep waiting for some else to produce it :-(

7 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Hobby Link have in on October release at $150+ postage. I think I'll wait and see whet Trumpy produce.

Well, this is the Trumpy one, isn't it?

11 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Are Trumpy and HB the same outfit then?

Two companies belonging to Wasan Plastic Model Company and they collaborate.

HB is doing the 1/48 Su-34 and Trumpeter the 1/72 one.

19 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Decals in design by TwoBobs.

V.P.

Thanks

but great.. they start with a nose profile showing panel lines on the radar nose...::(

Edited by exdraken

25 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Thanks

but great.. they start with a nose profile showing panel lines on the radar nose...::(

I've asked someone who is familiar with this project and have been reassured that this profile is in fact and old draft. The current one has had the panel lines removed. I also understand from this source that Twobobs is considering rendering the APU intake and exhausts as decals.

Mark

1 hour ago, madcat911 said:

I've asked someone who is familiar with this project and have been reassured that this profile is in fact and old draft. The current one has had the panel lines removed. I also understand from this source that Twobobs is considering rendering the APU intake and exhausts as decals.

Mark

probably the used the same drawings as Hobby Boss... it is always good to promote ones work based on an old inaccurate one... ;)

at least the paint scheme is relatively new....

then let us hope for some accurate decals!

something definitely has to be done about the APU .. maybe decals are a solution indeed!

I guessing there will be a Quickboost resin replacement boom with APU shortly.

Since they mentioned a 1/72 Su-34 Fullback on the Trumpeter/Hobbyboss Facebook page afew weeks back too,i guess that'll go on the must buy list too...now if only they do it in 1/32!

14650332_674739946017935_124789032062898

A correct resin nose set is in design by Red Star Scale Models

Source: https://www.facebook.com/redstarscalemodels/posts/594167490708437

Here is a little preview of something we are working on for the upcoming Hobby Boss 1:48 Su-34 - this should be an easy update to correct the shape of the nose of the kit. These are only the initial renderings - these will continue to be refined, however, this should also allow you a voice in the process, as we'd like to have the best balance between accuracy, ease of use and price! More to come on the Su-34 soon!

14980652_594166400708546_522552637278452

14955848_594166357375217_811590581170961

15027843_594166374041882_410427537429554

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, March said:

Never been so happy to see a new nose job in my life...

Whatever makes you happy..

So as I said before, months and months of nagging and nagging about the nose and people weren't able to sleep because of another mistake from Hobbyboss and then, hey presto, a simple resin nose conversion.

Everybody's gotta learn sometime.. I hope the people concerned get it this time.

Joe

Let me try: what is the point of releasing or buying a kit that requires a resin correction (not detail upgrade!) from the start?

And do note that this nose job fixes only the nose, but that the whole thing forward of the wing is suspect (as on their Su-27, see ARC thread with pictures).

Vedran

nice and welcome!

but Red Star Scale Models ? I remember that they announced a cockpit and engine nozzles for the Su-9 kit, and that at least the cockpit was available, at a very steep prize though.

http://www.redstarscalemodels.com/category-s/109.htm

wonder what will come from this announcement now!

Edited by exdraken

4 hours ago, Robotics said:

Whatever makes you happy..

So as I said before, months and months of nagging and nagging about the nose and people weren't able to sleep because of another mistake from Hobbyboss and then, hey presto, a simple resin nose conversion.

Everybody's gotta learn sometime.. I hope the people concerned get it this time.

Joe

Like you say as you said before - but it was also said that it was a simple fix and people are well aware that a new radome usually turns up for inaccurate ones so the point that people are nagging and nagging and are that upset about the radome is not really true is it? So maybe some people that moan about people just discussing a kit need to learn something...

1 hour ago, Tbolt said:

Like you say as you said before - but it was also said that it was a simple fix and people are well aware that a new radome usually turns up for inaccurate ones so the point that people are nagging and nagging and are that upset about the radome is not really true is it? So maybe some people that moan about people just discussing a kit need to learn something...

You are just another one who does not see the difference between discussing and pointless critisizm.. so you must be in the nagging group then?

Why would you defend this?

Joe

2 hours ago, dragonlanceHR said:

Let me try: what is the point of releasing or buying a kit that requires a resin correction (not detail upgrade!) from the start?

And do note that this nose job fixes only the nose, but that the whole thing forward of the wing is suspect (as on their Su-27, see ARC thread with pictures).

Vedran

Then don't buy it.