1/48 - Sukhoi Su-34 "Fullback" by HobbyBoss - released - new Khibiny resin pods by Zactoman

Homebee

10 hours ago, Flankerman said:

A bit crude - but the result of 10 minutes work in Paintshop Pro.......

su-34_nose_shape_01.jpg

I'm saying nothing...... :whistle:

Ken

The nose is one thing, but further aft it's not getting better. Just more complicated to correct in case.

1 hour ago, Tbolt said:

That's what some people said about all the complaining about the Eduard 109, and look now...

That doesn't exactly make it a rule, especially since the 109 was borked in fuselage and wing dimensions rather than comparatively minor shape issues AFAIK. As a more similar example to this, I remember people complaining a lot on arc forums about the MiG-21bis nose and nothing happened, but a rude rebuttal IIRC. There is an AM correction, though, so if it turns out necessary here, hopefully there'll be one. It does seem they've only used those plans as a reference, unfortunately.

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dudikoff said:

That doesn't exactly make it a rule, especially since the 109 was borked in fuselage and wing dimensions rather than comparatively minor shape issues AFAIK. As a more similar example to this, I remember people complaining a lot on arc forums about the MiG-21bis nose and nothing happened, but a rude rebuttal IIRC. There is an AM correction, though, so if it turns out necessary here, hopefully there'll be one. It does seem they've only used those plans as a reference, unfortunately.

I know it's not a rule, but if people didn't complain nothing would ever get changed. I'm not sure a change is needed hear though.

Edited by Tbolt

22 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

I know it's not a rule, but if people didn't complain nothing would ever get changed. I'm not sure a change is needed hear though.

Once again, you mistake complaining for positive critisizm.

Please try and see the difference. Complaining never changes anything, acceptance does..

Suit yourself.

Joe

10 minutes ago, Robotics said:

Please try and see the difference. Complaining never changes anything, acceptance does..

Suit yourself.

Joe

If something is wrong then it's positive criticism if someone points it out, but it can also be complaining at the same time.

All people here are doing is talking about what improvements need to be made to the kit - know one is complaining and saying they won't buy the kit because of it. If you don't like people doing that then don't get involved in the conversation. I get a bit tried of people moaning about people who want to discuss the accuracy of a kit.

Edited by Tbolt
  • Like 2

Looking at the many SU-34 images over @ RussianPlanes.net which show the nose from just about every angle you can think of...This modeller who admittedly is nowhere near being a Flanker/Fullback expert thinks the nose actually isn't that bad...Hobbyboss have made worse errors before...

I think I'm still gonna pick one up,if i can find one at a sensible price

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Robotics said:

Suit yourself.

Joe

yea, acceptance will change the manufacturers that actually put great effort to provide accurate kits. They see the customer accept any rubbish and will follow Trumpyboss etc. Because it's cheaper for them. Way to go...

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mungo1974 said:

Looking at the many SU-34 images over @ RussianPlanes.net which show the nose from just about every angle you can think of...This modeller who admittedly is nowhere near being a Flanker/Fullback expert thinks the nose actually isn't that bad...Hobbyboss have made worse errors before...

I think I'm still gonna pick one up,if i can find one at a sensible price

Yeah nothing a 10 minute reshape won't sort out on the nose. I won't be buying one though, I'll be going for the 1/72nd scale version as I haven't got the room for this one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tbolt said:

If something is wrong then it's positive criticism if someone points it out, but it can also be complaining at the same time.

All people here are doing is talking about what improvements need to be made to the kit - know one is complaining and saying they won't buy the kit because of it. If you don't like people doing that then don't get involved in the conversation. I get a bit tried of people moaning about people who want to discuss the accuracy of a kit.

You are just not reading what I say. People are complaing the hell out of everything here and they are saying they won't buy the kit over and over. 

And if you don't like people moaning about people who want to discuss the accuracy of a kit, then don't get involved in te conversation. 

Your pointless complaining and negative critics are useless but maybe less useless if you would utter them to the concerning kit producing company. The email addresses are available on the net. 

Joe 

1 hour ago, Robotics said:

You are just not reading what I say. People are complaing the hell out of everything here and they are saying they won't buy the kit over and over. 

And if you don't like people moaning about people who want to discuss the accuracy of a kit, then don't get involved in te conversation. 

Your pointless complaining and negative critics are useless but maybe less useless if you would utter them to the concerning kit producing company. The email addresses are available on the net. 

Joe 

What are you going on about? Pointless complaining? People like you seem to get all worked up over people opinions of kit for some reason. This forum is here to discuss kits, if you don't want to do that, but just moan about other people doing so then I would suggest you don't get involved in the conversation.

How about stop telling people what they should think and get back on topic, have you anything to say about this kit?

Edited by Tbolt
  • Like 1

I would quite like to see what exactly is wrong with the kit against drawings to we can see what to mod by adding or removing plastic.

Some folk are rather knowledgable on here, would be great to see just what is required to make the kit a bit more accurate seeing as we have already seen the prices getting a bit more realistic.

11 hours ago, RMP2 said:

I would quite like to see what exactly is wrong with the kit against drawings to we can see what to mod by adding or removing plastic.

Some folk are rather knowledgable on here, would be great to see just what is required to make the kit a bit more accurate seeing as we have already seen the prices getting a bit more realistic.

Well, it appears that not many of us have actually touched it :-)

So most of our saying here are just speculations.

I am pretty sure that once it reaches the right people, we will be seeing tones of information in here.

For me what is a fact so far, is that the nose panel lines and the drawing posted earlier, have considerable differences... but that's all...

Edited by DIO

12 hours ago, Tbolt said:

What are you going on about? Pointless complaining? People like you seem to get all worked up over people opinions of kit for some reason. This forum is here to discuss kits, if you don't want to do that, but just moan about other people doing so then I would suggest you don't get involved in the conversation.

How about stop telling people what they should think and get back on topic, have you anything to say about this kit?

The point is that I am just trying to tell you to stay on topic.

You are one of the people who start complaining and there the on-topic disappears, even before the actual kit is seen or only so little as a drawing is published.

Complainers achieve nothing, positive critics do. But only addressed to the company itself, not on forums and facebook everywhere. It's just nagging for the nagging. So please stay on topic in the future. This way you will not be receiving any resistance from me whatsoever..

It all starts with you..

Joe

Edited by Robotics
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Robotics said:

The point is that I am just trying to tell you to stay on topic.

You are one of the people who start complaining and there the on-topic disappears, even before the actual kit is seen or only so little as a drawing is published.

Complainers achieve nothing, positive critics do. But only addressed to the company itself, not on forums and facebook everywhere. It's just nagging for the nagging. So please stay on topic in the future. This way you will not be receiving any resistance from me whatsoever..

It all starts with you..

Joe

That's where we disagree, the topic is the kit. Everyone is free to discuss the plus and minus of kits here - it's a discussion forum. Look at the thread on the AMK F-14, some possible errors were bought up by people there and AMK then looked at the CAD again. That's what's great about this forum.

If you want to only send mail to the company about that kit that's fine, but once again I say please leave other people to talk about possible errors as well as the great things about kits.

Edited by Tbolt
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

That's where we disagree, the topic is the kit. Everyone is free to discuss the plus and minus of kit here - it's a discussion forum. Look at the thread on the AMK F-14, some possible errors were bought up by people there and AMK then looked at the CAD again. That's what's great about this forum.

If you want to only send mail to the company about that kit that's fine, but once again I say please leave other people to talk about possible errors as well as the great things about kits.

Talking of errors, it's brought up, not bought. :lol: But in all seriousness, I doubt anyone from HobbyBoss is on here taking note of any errors mentioned, where as we are very lucky to have @Martin @ AMK Hobby on the forums to help with feeding back info. If every company had a Martin, every modeller would be very happy!

Edited by Radleigh
Emotion didn't show!
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, DIO said:

Well, it appears that not many of us have actually touched it :-)

So most of our saying here are just speculations.

I am pretty sure that once it reaches the right people, we will be seeing tones of information in here.

For me what is a fact so far, is that the nose panel lines and the drawing posted earlier, have considerable differences... but that's all...

On the radome, the pictures I've seen of the real aircraft, they don't seem to have any panel joins that show up, which will make things easier - reshape the radome and then fill any remaining panel lines on it that haven't been removed from sanding.

Edited by Tbolt

1 minute ago, Radleigh said:

Talking of errors, it's brought up, not bought. :lol: But in all seriousness, I doubt anyone from HobbyBoss is on here taking note of any errors mentioned, where as we are very lucky to have @Martin @ AMK Hobby on the forums to help with feeding back info. If every company had a Martin, every modeller would be very happy!

Sorry my fingers type quicker than my brain can think :)  Of course the fact that most kit manufactures won't read this obviously doesn't stop people wanting to discuss a kit as it help those who want to improve it understand what they need to do.

I'm hearing the first price state-side is somewhere in the $160 USD range.  Not sure how close that will be once the kits actually get here but if that is retail, I'd expect to pay somewhere around $145 for it.  Like Mungo1974 said, I'm still going to pick one up....

Edited by Bravo52

2 hours ago, Bravo52 said:

I'm hearing the first price state-side is somewhere in the $160 USD range.  Not sure how close that will be once the kits actually get here but if that is retail, I'd expect to pay somewhere around $145 for it.  Like Mungo1974 said, I'm still going to pick one up....

Red Star Models offered it for a lower price but pre-orders are probably closed: the Su-34 seems to have disappeared from the HB page.