1/48 - Sukhoi Su-34 "Fullback" by HobbyBoss - released - new Khibiny resin pods by Zactoman

Homebee

1 hour ago, Vaildog said:

Yeah but you know the kinetic fuselage will be made up of 17 component parts that will be a nightmare to align.

Well:

- Kinetic did not announce a Su-34, Kitty Hawk did

- kit features prediction based on previous releases is somewhat questionable: things change, producers may have access to ressources they didn't have access to in the past

On ‎8‎-‎10‎-‎2016 at 8:01 PM, Radleigh said:

I would rather it not be £100, but if that's what it is going to cost then there is nothing we can do about it...

Amen brother, amen.

Finally someone who understands. Stop whining or start buying.

LOL

Joe

On 08/10/2016 at 10:25 AM, bentwaters81tfw said:

No reply from Portugal. Obviously mañana is the word of the day, or they don't want the business. They might sell a few at £75 seeing it's £120 over here. Not good business. Their 'bank transfer' screen is in Portuguese and gives no account numbers, so there is nothing I can do until they wake up.

They´re are doing some remodelling in their facilities, that´s problably why they still haven´t answered. Normally after you complete the purchase they send an email with the account number or paypal information. Try giving them a shout on Facebook, search for Bigcat Modelismo.

Cheers,

Bruno

11 hours ago, Laurent said:

Well:

- Kinetic did not announce a Su-34, Kitty Hawk did

- kit features prediction based on previous releases is somewhat questionable: things change, producers may have access to ressources they didn't have access to in the past

Fingers crossed one new KH resource will be a decent decal printer.... :)  Cant say Ive been blown away by KH so far, but its early days for them so lets wait and see.

Cmon - no reviews yet? Honest reviews...?

1 hour ago, madcat911 said:

Picked up a copy from my LHS today. $70. 

30037237570_bbb36ff3ec_b.jpg

Mark

Ay carumba! Look at the size of the Su 34 and Mig 31 boxes in comparison to the Su 27 box! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Parabat said:

Ay carumba! Look at the size of the Su 34 and Mig 31 boxes in comparison to the Su 27 box! 

Yep. Prepare some space. It takes up quite a bit of real estate. Here it is in comparison to a Tamiya 1/32 P-51 kit box and a HB 1/48 Su-27 box.

29704831813_43ae7cd9d7_b.jpg

Mark

• Like 2

Good to see a bought kit nose photo. Does look a bit off, but hopefully an easy fix.

What we need now is a scale profile pic of the real thing next to the HB plastic and see whats what. :)

Superbly crude MS Paint cutout on top of an unknown accuracy line drawing looks like this.... :)

sukhoi-su-34-fullback-2%20nose%20comp%20

Which looks rather bloomin close quite surprisingly.

Im sure somone with Photoshop and a less beer driven mouse can do a far better job...
I got the line drawing from here - http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/modernplanes/sukhoi/47247/view/sukhoi_su-34_(fullback)/

• Like 2

10 hours ago, madcat911 said:

Picked up a copy from my LHS today. $70. 

Do you know if they do international delivery? Or do they have a website/email address?

3 minutes ago, Robotics said:

Man, how awful..

Just buy the kit and wait for Quickboost for a fix or correct it.  If you have the skills

Joe

Or just leave it as it is as it doesnt actually appear to be a mile out of being accurate. If you have the filling skills...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Flankerman said:

A bit crude - but the result of 10 minutes work in Paintshop Pro.......

Add a little "pointy" and its all good I reckon. Seems to me theres far too much being made of it, but I could well be wrong.

An overlay (thats better than my effort) will reveal all... cmon guys! :)

18 hours ago, Robotics said:

Filling skills..? 

What do you mean?

i just think it's a great kit. 

I meant regards the panel lines. Sanding required there anyway, so with a bit of luck some successful (fairly minor I reckon) reshaping shouldnt be much bother.

Agreed, theres a tonne of plastic in that box, the weapon selection is great to see for the 34 as well as the spares stash. I really want one once prices have settled. :)