1/48 - Sukhoi Su-34 "Fullback" by HobbyBoss - released - new Khibiny resin pods by Zactoman

Homebee

Gents,

This is absolutely fantastic news! We are being spoiled to the bone with all these new releases!!

I will definitely get this one!

But............... I wonder how long it will take for this thread to be 27 pages long because of people who complain about shape issues...

Can we not do this for once and wait patiently until it is on the workbench where we probably will not feel the need to complain about the kit anymore, but actually building it.

A lot of thanks in advance :-)

Edited by Robotics
  • Like 1

I hope they get this right!

Reference materials already stacking up -

150622_WILD_Platypus.jpg.CROP.promo-medi

Please take this as a joke, I'm not being serious..... :)

.................but on a serious note, very happy with this. In 2015 I swore to only make 1/72nd stuff, but with the new AMK Mig-31 / Mig-25 and now this, I'm going to have to break that rule! :lol:

Edited by Radleigh
  • Like 14

.................but on a serious note, very happy with this. In 2015 I swore to only make 1/72nd stuff, but with the new AMK Mig-31 / Mig-25 and now this, I'm going to have to break that rule! :lol:

Beware the Dark Side of the Force young padawan - that way lies a life of misery and doom.

Stick to the ONE TRUE SCALE and enlightenment...........

Jedi Ken

Edited by Flankerman
  • Like 3

Your ears must be burning Ken, they were talking about you on the Facebook "Cold War" group page - nothing bad, just what an inspiration you are, and were wondering if you were still about, I did point them in the direction of your TU-22 Build!

They are doing the Mig-31 family in 1/72 as well......

Mmmmm, I'll try and find a suitable duck then...

But............... I wonder how long it will take for this thread to be 27 pages long because of people who complain about shape issues...

It won't be 27 pages long because of people who complain about shape issues. It'll be 27 pages long because of people who complain ABOUT the people who point out shape issues.

Also: I love the fact that you are tacitly admitting the kit will (probably) have shape issues, but that people shouldn't care.

Can we not do this for once and wait patiently until it is on the workbench where we probably will not feel the need to complain about the kit anymore, but actually building it.

Yes, absolutely. We should definitely wait until we own the kit before deciding whether or not we should buy it. We should also wait until we have 3rd degree burns before we decide whether fire = hot.

• Like 2

It won't be 27 pages long because of people who complain about shape issues. It'll be 27 pages long because of people who complain ABOUT the people who point out shape issues.

Also: I love the fact that you are tacitly admitting the kit will (probably) have shape issues, but that people shouldn't care.

Yes, absolutely. We should definitely wait until we own the kit before deciding whether or not we should buy it. We should also wait until we have 3rd degree burns before we decide whether fire = hot.

p

HAHAHAHAHA, I asked nicely..

Must have pushed one or two buttons..

Don't take it so seriously man, it's just a hobby.

Don't take it so seriously man, it's just a hobby.

Says the guy who is preemptively whingeing because some people might, at some point in the future, say something that disagrees with his sensibilities.

Riiiight.

• Like 2

I never really liked the lines of the Su-34 - always thought of it as broken, too big nose for a short body.

But contemplating the possiblity of seeing a model of this got me excited - I hope it doesn´t have any serious shape issues (like lenght or width of the fuselage).

That said, I can live with some minor problems here and there, but not something too big.

Let´s wait for the CAD and test-shots.

Cheers!

Edited by FranciscoPRG

You know, in Russia Su-34 have two nicknames - Hellduck (becouse of dark grey painting) and Ugly duck (in memory of G.H. Andersen tails)

• 4 weeks later...