1/48 - Sukhoi Su-17M-4 & Su-17UM-3 "Fitter-K & G" by HobbyBoss - Su-17M-4 & -UM-3 released - Su-17/-22M-3K conv. set by Vespa Models

Homebee

Excellent news, tho I suspect on certain websites the Trumpeter bashing will soon begin!!

Even here. The problem is that there's not a single Su-17/22 kit in 1/72 (Italeri/Bilek, Pantera) or 1/48 (KP) that's accurate. Now if others didn't do a great job, will HB do it ?

• Like 2

Mmmmmm, I'm sure I'll be getting one or two. Just need to finish the Kopro one I'm 95% done with and build the two I have in the stash, I'm sure I'll have time! 🤔

• Like 1

It will get bashed, its the nature of modellers.

It's the nature of Trumpyboss to overlook accuracy and be interested by processes to improve it. Super Tucano, J.29 Tunnan, MiG-23BN, MiG-21MF and many others prove it.

Laurent, on 03 Dec 2015 - 09:13 AM, said:Laurent, on 03 Dec 2015 - 09:13 AM, said:Laurent, on 03 Dec 2015 - 09:13 AM, said:

Even here. The problem is that there's not a single Su-17/22 kit in 1/72 (Italeri/Bilek, Pantera) or 1/48 (KP) that's accurate. Now if others didn't do a great job, will HB do it ?

I know the 1/48 is not completely accurate but it's not too bad to make it into a nice model, I think.

And of course I bought two kits and the two seater conversion set.

René

Edited by HartDeco

Mmmmmm, I'm sure I'll be getting one or two. Just need to finish the Kopro one I'm 95% done with and build the two I have in the stash, I'm sure I'll have time!

Tell me about it, I have a couple of kits to do first, hmm hopefully the AM I have will fit it with a bit of fiddling

It's the nature of Trumpyboss to overlook accuracy and be interested by processes to improve it. Super Tucano, J.29 Tunnan, MiG-23BN, MiG-21MF and many others prove it.

True they do have a habit of messing up but your comment also proves my point and they might as well mess it up because in your own way you are already bashing it.

• Like 1

... but your comment also proves my point and they might as well mess it up because in your own way you are already bashing it.

I'm not bashing it but the process of how Trumpyboss design(ed ?) their kits. Perhaps it has or will have changed but latest releases do not suggest that.

I though the SMER/KP etc one was thought to be fairly accurate? not a great kit but pretty accurate.

I though the SMER/KP etc one was thought to be fairly accurate? not a great kit but pretty accurate.

No existing kits have properly shaped windscreen+canopy. The windscreen is supposed to "go into the nose" to improve down-front visibility (it's a attack aircraft afterall). Also the canopy profile slopes down too much and the windscreen isn't high enough.

Edited by Laurent

Laurent, on 03 Dec 2015 - 4:35 PM, said:

No existing kits have properly shaped windscreen+canopy. The windscreen is supposed to "go into the nose" to improve down-front visibility (it's a attack aircraft afterall). Also the canopy profile slopes down too much and the windscreen isn't high enough.

Ok.

So, not perfect in shape but surely good enough to build without major surgery.

René

Laurent,

Is there a hobby in this world which you could actually enjoy??

All your negativity and constantly pointing out things that are NOT correct . It is really disturbing... Try some positive comments for a change, this might even feel good.

Please be kinder to yourself man, makes you kinder to others too.

BEST REGARDS,

Jeroen

• Like 2

I'm not bashing it but the process of how Trumpyboss design(ed ?) their kits. Perhaps it has or will have changed but latest releases do not suggest that.

Thats a fair point, but I like to have a little faith.

• Like 1

Jeroen,

Is there a hobby in this world which you could actually enjoy??

Yes, scale modelling like you. But I don't like products offered by certain manufacturers because they seem to forget the word "model" and only retain the word "kit".

It is really disturbing... Try some positive comments for a change, this might even feel good.

Thank you for your concern.

Please be kinder to yourself man, makes you kinder to others too.

I am kind to people and that includes modellers. I'm more critical towards companies however. There's a commercial transaction done with them so some quality criterias can be expected to be fulfilled.

Best regards,

Laurent

• Like 3

Jeroen,

Yes, scale modelling like you. But I don't like products offered by certain manufacturers because they seem to forget the word "model" and only retain the word "kit".

Thank you for your concern.

I am kind to people and that includes modellers. I'm more critical towards companies however. There's a commercial transaction done with them so some quality criterias can be expected to be fulfilled.

Best regards,

Laurent

Don't bother explaining to me please.

Just relax

• Like 1

I sold off my KP kit since I knew this kit was coming. There are more discrepancies than just the nose and large amounts of photos and measurements provided to Trumpeter were in the specific problem areas such as the engine section shape, nose, etcetera. Thanks for illustrating the nose issue with a comparison of the kit offering to the real item.

Thats a fair point, but I like to have a little faith.

Me too, but knowing it is Hobby Boss releasing it when the information was sent to the Trumpeter contacts makes me worried as I have no idea what they have done with the research provided to them by me and other enthusiasts.

Don't bother explaining to me please.

Jeroen, while I understand your stance, it looks like you're trying to silence Laurent. As you can see above, he offered constructive criticism by showing the available kit and what it should look like. unlike some that simply bash the company and offer nothing other than to say you should bury the model, his sharp eye for shapes makes Laurent's posts something I look forward to. Feel free to look at some of the posts I started (with sprue shots) so you can see the difference between constructive and divisive criticism. The latter does nothing but alienate people against the brand instead of staying on the kit subject at hand.

In anticipation of this kit, I sold my KP kit with the extremely rare The New Tiger Models flaps and slats sets. Now I see it will be in a Hobby Boss box. The last time this happened to me was with the Cadillac Gage Commando armored cars. The information I sent was accepted and then silence. The kit comes out from Hobby Boss with errors which would have been avoided had the CAD development team shared with those that provided the research material. After all, once the material was accepted, is it not obvious that the kit is in development? So why not share the CAD images? Instead, we end up with error which could have been avoided. Based on this experience, I do not know how these Fitters will come out.

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth
  • Like 1

Laurent and Robotics. You're both directed to the link here and asked to read it for the good of humanity. I'm going to take no action against either of you on this occasion, but if I catch you at it again, there will be suspensions and such :shrug:

• Like 3