1/72 McDD F-4 C Phantom II, Hasegawa/Monogram kitbash - COMPLETED!

giemme

On 7/1/2017 at 11:25 AM, giemme said:

I moved to Flickr long time ago - I'm glad I did

I was going to delete my Photobucket account, but found that if one right clicks on "The Meter", and then selects "View image in new tab", that the original image will come up after being redirected to the PhotoBucket page. That will make it easier to replace the images in this thread with new links when I determine a new host.

Gene K

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gene K said:

I was going to delete my Photobucket account, but found that if one right clicks on "The Meter", and then selects "View image in new tab", that the original image will come up after being redirected to the PhotoBucket page. That will make it easier to replace the images in this thread with new links when I determine a new host.

Gene K

Still pretty annoying, but better than loosing them all. I'm rethinking about the idea of turning this thread into a small modelling guide - there are just too many contributions from lots of knowledgeable people to let this go.

10 minutes ago, Piemania said:

Astounding level of detail, it's beautiful!

borat_zpsdq54gqzm.jpg

B)

Cheers Piemania, thank you!

Ciao

• Like 2

On 7/2/2017 at 4:23 PM, giemme said:

[the partial PhotoBucket work-around is] Still pretty annoying , but better than loosing them all.

Yes.

After a very large two hour pain in the posterior,  I managed to replace all my photos in this thread, but I can't edit other folk's posts ... so the photos that were repeated by someone are still replaced with The Hated PhotoBucket Gauge. :swear:

EDIT: I just read that Google Photos links (as mine are now) could deactivate in a matter of days ... oh well ... .

I'm rethinking about the idea of turning this thread into a small modelling guide ... .

Great!! The Photobucket fiasco shows that ultimately nothing we post is safe -- your Flickr account could follow suit (what a disastrous thought). In that light, a modeling guide that is downloadable would be a treasure for us!!

Gene K

Edited by Gene K
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 12/13/2015 at 11:37 AM, Gene K said:

I don't know, but I would think so. I also don't know about the shoulder straps (don't compare the Eduard sets as their diagrams are wrong as concerns where the seat belts, etc attach).

While I was there, white with red visor covers - hadn't gone to camo tape yet.

Here was my standard, for that time period, gear:

Cam%20Rahn035_1519x1027%20small.jpg

I suppose the best refs would be a Google search like this. Here's a Real Fighter Pilot!!!

800px-Robin_Olds_during_vietnam_war.jpg

Looks like Col Olds is wearing non-standard gloves. Also as opposed to the picture above, at Cam Rahn the knife was mainly worn on the leg or inside the right bottom flight suit pocket, with the gun on a hip holster (or on the crowded chest) ... as much as I can remember. Here's Major Roger Parrish, who later went on to lead the Thunderbirds (F-4).

Parrish.jpg

Speaking of Thunderbirds, my first mission was on the wing of ex-Thunderbird Capt Chris Patterakis (F-100) - great pilot!.

Gene K

Just saw this, what is the "payload" on the MERs in the first picture?

I'm so far beyond overwhelmed I don't think there are words to describe what I'm feeling. Absolutely incredible build!

• Thanks 1