What If IV GB

Arniec

Might be, but I'm hoping to get Heller's offering so it should end up in 1:400 unless....

I don't know how it looks like, but I have got the Scharnhorst in 1/400 and that looks ok to me. I have a what if idea for that one as well.

The Dutch were looking for some battle cruisers in 1939 for the Dutch east Indies and asked the Germans to get the plans for the Scharnhorst class. In the end the invasion of the Netherlands prevented it to go further. (This is a true story) It would have had almost same hull and main armament. The difference were the engines, different bridge and secondery armament.

take a look here. http://www.werkgroep-kriegsmarine.nl/pdf/Slagkruisers_1_www.pdf

It's in Dutch. Sorry for that.

cheers,

• 1 month later...

I will go for something simple like I made in What If III. Another Fleet Air Arm subject, maybe a A4 Skyhawk or a FRADU Folland Gnat.

• Like 2

Hmmmm........ :hmmm: it's a bit early to start thinking about this as I'm bound to have changed my mind a few time before then, but.......

There is a very strong possibility that the He-477Z "Amerika Bomber" would/will make an appearance in the very near future....this year or if I could wait for this GB then it would be a real possibility!

He-377ZAmerikaBomberpost_zpsf93c8faa.jpg

will need a bigger bench for this baby!

Or I just go just go 1/48th with the last one....would need a huge bench for that one! Cost wise about the same as the last one and that was 1/72nd!

DSCF1836_zpscb3647f5.jpg

I still have a strong desire to go 1/48th with the B-57G "Tropic Moon" beasty...just extreme cost of base model is stopping me! But there other variations of this design that intrigue me....

or I just come up some other bizarre beast...turbo prop Ju-188 anyone???? :wicked:

• Like 3

I am thinking of doing a Fokker D23 in 1/48 with either a single pusher prop (merlin engined) and sort of P-38 nose or with both engines replaced with merlins.

Cheers,

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been giving some thought to what to build and my current favourite is this

image_zpsh6ujivsp.jpeg

I will use the Revell kit, but have no idea where to get the blooming great gun from ?

Cheers Pat

Why not use a thin pencil?
  • Like 1

image_zpsh6ujivsp.jpeg

I will use the Revell kit, but have no idea where to get the blooming great gun from ?

Cheers Pat

I've seen some people use the metal tube from an empty bottle of Revell glue....looks the part in 1/72

• Like 1

image_zpsh6ujivsp.jpeg

Cheers Pat

Master Model turn out some lovely brass 50mm and 75mm cannon barrels!

http://www.master-model.pl/

The place to get all your big gun hardware from! :D

• Like 1

Why not use a thin pencil?

Nice idea, I have a few incomplete tank kits worth a look

Cheers Enzo, lots of options here, too many choices already !

I've seen some people use the metal tube from an empty bottle of Revell glue....looks the part in 1/72

Great idea, and of course living in Scotland, I have to maintain the financial stingyness when it comes to spending money !

Master Model turn out some lovely brass 50mm and 75mm cannon barrels!

http://www.master-model.pl/

The place to get all your big gun hardware from! :D

Hi Rich

The quality looks amazing, only to be badly let down by the quality of the build it is attached too !

Thanks everyone, really appreciated !

Cheers Pat

• Like 1