What If IV GB

Arniec

A German Viggen or Swedish Lightning are brill ideas! hmm maybe a Swedish splinter Tornado? So many tempting options.....

edit, does anyone have an idea when this GB might play out if voted through?

Edited by mirageiv
  • Like 1

edit, does anyone have an idea when this GB might play out if voted through?

That'll be up to Enzo.

But the GBL could ask for a certain date in preference and he might consider it.

So, if voted thru - in 2017, sometime

• Like 1

Swedish F-4F Phantom?

A German viggen maybe

I can see an alternate history emerging. The Luftwaffe could not afford to buy all the F-4Fs that it wanted so it went into partnership with the Swedish Air Force to take advantage of a lower unit cost due to economies of scale. Sweden were happy with F-4Fs as their first line of defence operating from airfields until they were taken out. Thereafter the action would be taken by Viggens operating from motorways and rough fields.

The unit cost of the Phantom dropped so much that the Luftwaffe could afford to take up the offer of 24 low cost Viggens, which were used to supplement Tornados in the attack role.

A Viggen would look superb in the Norm 83 camouflage.

• Like 2

does anyone have an idea when this GB might play out if voted through?

That'll be up to Enzo.

But the GBL could ask for a certain date in preference and he might consider it.

So, if voted thru - in 2017, sometime

Indeed... once the poll is finished, we enter the Bunfight phase. :D There will be a lot of negotiation to work out dates. Hopefully I can demonstrate my cat herding skills. :lol: looking forward to it.

• Like 5

Indeed... once the poll is finished, we enter the Bunfight phase. :D There will be a lot of negotiation to work out dates. Hopefully I can demonstrate my cat herding skills. :lol: looking forward to it.

Oeh, Than it could be my first Bunfight. Lucky I have Trickrich and Col. as a Co-host. :coolio::boxing::fool:

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 2

i've been practising my different negotiating skills, so think we'll be fine !! :fight::fuyou_2::shoot:

• Like 3

Oeh, Than it could be my first Bunfight. Lucky I have Trickrich and Col. as a Co-host. :coolio::boxing::fool:

Cheers,

i've been practising my different negotiating skills, so think we'll be fine !! :fight::fuyou_2::shoot:

This is going to be a busy one but great fun I'm sure :D

Still planning the Aeronavale Sea Harrier with the required bits and back-story pretty much ready to go.

• Like 2

I was thinking about a F-16 XL in Dutch colours with a European one scheme on it. Or a Viggen in Dutch colours?! Or............. Oh boy!!!! Stop thinking!!!!! Or you go mental. :bounce::frantic::Tasty::boom::hypnotised: to late. :devil: To many Whiffies, so little time. ;)

Cheers,

• Like 3

Do you think we'll need some kind of crowd control for this GB???

I'm sure we'll do grand, one way :fight: or an other :whip:;)

I was thinking along the lines of a German Marine Sea Harrier FRS.2[G]

A slight modification of my back-story should accommodate your one :)

• Like 2

I was thinking along the lines of a German Marine Sea Harrier FRS.2[G]

A slight modification of my back-story should accommodate your one :)

I was considering that of the three original countries which tried out the first Harriers were the USAF and West Germany.

West Germany did not proceed with Harriers, the USAF passed theirs [and the ex-German ones] to the US Marine Corps.

If the Germans had taken up the Harrier, the Marine would have eventually got Sea Harriers.

• Like 3

I was considering that of the three original countries which tried out the first Harriers were the USAF and West Germany.

West Germany did not proceed with Harriers, the USAF passed theirs [and the ex-German ones] to the US Marine Corps.

If the Germans had taken up the Harrier, the Marine would have eventually got Sea Harriers.

In my world the US decide it's a 'Mickey Mouse' concept and continue with vertical launch projects. Meanwhile Germany and France express interest and become heavily involved with the Kestrel development which in turn leads to the Harrier series entering service with the three partner nations.

• Like 1

Cattle prod?

you'd have to be careful there, some people like that kind of stuff!! :whistle:

Indeed I'm sure you can find plenty about it on the Interweb. :blush: Back when XP launched I made a decent living for a while as idiots valued customers called up my employer with computer 'issues' and I'd do house calls to sort them out. Invariably the male's had been cruising XXX sites and the Ladies had been on chat rooms both ending up with lots more software than they'd started with and frozen systems.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing Aussie Cat Herding Techniques in action :worthy:

• Like 2

you'd have to be careful there, some people like that kind of stuff!! :whistle:

Indeed I'm sure you can find plenty about it on the Interweb. :blush:

A while back I built a Viscount model from the kit by S&M Models. Having thoroughly enjoyed it, I decided to see what else the company makes.

In my experience, it is a bad idea to type "s&m models" into Google. Once seen, that can never be unseen!!! :analintruder:

• Like 4

A while back I built a Viscount model from the kit by S&M Models. Having thoroughly enjoyed it, I decided to see what else the company makes.

In my experience, it is a bad idea to type "s&m models" into Google. Once seen, that can never be unseen!!! :analintruder:

Hopefully that wasn't on a work computer, else members of the IT department would have given you strange looks!

Though some of those devices would be quite good for mixing paint or adapted for sanding!!! :analintruder::rofl:

• Like 1

Hopefully that wasn't on a work computer, else members of the IT department would have given you strange looks!

I don't think our IT department would have noticed. They haven't even noticed that our network security certificate is four months out of date! :shrug:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎13‎-‎9‎-‎2016 at 11:45 AM, gingerbob said:

I was looking at the latest Squadron flyer, and saw the YF-23 (way better looking than the F-22, I always thought). And I found myself thinking, "That would look great in Finnish or Swedish markings..."

I like the idea. I have done one in Israëli colours many moons ago.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just a bit of a nudge folks!!!!

remember voting starts for the 2017 GB's in November, so there's less than a month to go!!!!!  :frantic:

So if you want to keep this Britmodeller GB stalwart going you need to vote and get as many other members as you can to vote for it as well!!

So get too it!!!!

Plus I still promise/threaten to being along the behemoth of the He-477Z as well if its get up!! Who cares if I'll need a whole shelf just for it!! :wall: 

• Like 2