"I can hold it!" (Bandai 1/72 X-wing, Red 6)

INCOM CORPORATION T-65 X-WING

SPACE SUPERIORITY FIGHTER

Jek Porkins (Red 6)

Incom Corporation T-65 X-wing space superiority fighter (Red 6); Bandai 1/72 scale finished in Tamiya and Vallejo acrylics, 502 Abteilung oils, and Secret Weapon Miniatures and Tamiya pigments. A work in progress thread can found here.

porkinsdone.jpg

porkinsdone2.jpg
porkinsdone3.jpg

porkinsdone4.jpg

porkinsdone5.jpg

porkinsdone7.jpg

porkinsdone8.jpg

porkinsdone9.jpg

porkins10.jpg

• Like 14

Wow, that really is a lovely finish, you've tied the scheme together beautifully, colourful without being garish, just perfect! :thumbsup:

The weathering is first rate too, as is your photography.....Got any more? :coolio:

PS - Seeing this only reinforces my opinion that the designers have got the new T-70 X-Wing utterly and irreconcilably wrong. :shutup:

Fantastic Build, really love the scheme too.

I fear I must also add this Gif, as it is obligatory with the title.

bmpSN8P.gif

Thank, mate!

Thanks for adding that GIF because I had thought about putting it in my OP but I forgot! It's a classic for sure!

Wow, that really is a lovely finish, you've tied the scheme together beautifully, colourful without being garish, just perfect! :thumbsup:

The weathering is first rate too, as is your photography.....Got any more? :coolio:

PS - Seeing this only reinforces my opinion that the designers have got the new T-70 X-Wing utterly and irreconcilably wrong. :shutup:

Thank you!

I did Luke's Red 5 a couple of months ago and you can find it here; it was a commission for a friend of mine who ended up talking me into selling him Red 6, even though I had intended on keeping it for myself. I plan on doing Red Leader next, but I may do a T-70 after I see The Force Awakens this week. It's a bummer you don't like the T-70... I love it! It's a neat throwback to the Ralph McQuarrie concept art (based on designs by Joe Johnston) from the 70s.