1/48 - Messerschmitt Bf.109G-2 "Gustav" by HobbyBoss - released

Homebee

• 1 month later...

Umm, why'd they bother to give a separate windshield, but then leave the hood attached to the rear glass?

bob

... bonk (jaw dropped)...

You don't think that they think that the rear hood opened all as one piece do you ( a la "Galland" style).

Please tell me I'm just making this up? Has anyone seen the instructions at all yet? That might explain

Jonners, puzzled

Well, you know, the 109G is a pretty obscure type, so we should really just be grateful that somebody is tooling a new kit of it... and we can't "consider the source" because that would be either gratuitous brand-bashing or racism. The good news is that this apparent error doesn't affect my interest level in the slightest :winkgrin:

bob

• Like 1

I might be wrong, but part no.2 on the K sprue looks like the armoured glass insert for the later Erla haube mentioned above. A bit strange, the canopy situation.

I'd also bee keen to see the cockpit side panels, seems a bit sparse on cockpit details overall. Will probably be a nice kit to make a closed canopy version though, the Hobby Boss fit is generally really good.

I guess this is one of their "simplified" models.

I am not taking it on account as a "true" ("gourmet", if you will) release - like, for instance, Eduard´s Mk IX Spitfire.

I see it more proper for the "entry level" modeller, who wants to quickly build a nice model, and don´t mind such small details (as the canopy). :banghead:

Cheers!

Edited by FranciscoPRG
  • Like 1

I guess this is one of their "simplified" models.

I am not taking it on account as a "true" ("gourmet", if you will) release - like, for instance, Eduard´s Mk IX Spitfire.

I see it more proper for the "entry level" modeller, who wants to quickly build a nice model, and don´t mind such small details (as the canopy). :banghead:

Cheers!

The problem is that even if this is the case, they are not being consistent. So they loose part of the market.

For instance their Mirage III is a wonderful model. But if it had come after the above, I would probably have ignored it!