De Havilland MEGA Group Build Chat

DAG058

Well the De Havilland Mega GB is over. Thank you to all who took part by entering a build or by simply comment and encouraging participants along the way. A very well done to everyone who managed to complete their builds. We hit a completion rate of 70% which is fantastic!  

The final statics are as follows;

There were  96 entries  spread over 26 Aircraft types. Mosquitos were the most popular with 34 entries, followed by 15 Vampires/VampireTrainers. The galleries have 67 completed builds (27 of which are Mosquitos). The final completion rate is 70%.

Once again thank you to all who made this a very successful GB. The polls will be up in due course so be sure to vote in both galleries.

Edited by DAG058
  • Like 5

Thank you & your co-hosts. Although I was a late starter I quickly felt included & the support & encouragement was great, a good example to all GB hosts as to how to go about their business. I'm sure its taken a lot of time & effort with a GB of this size but the workload seemed well shared around, so thanks guys, your efforts were appreciated. :thumbsup:

Steve.

• Like 1

The Polls are Live! 

Please vote in both the Mosquito Gallery and the general Gallery. Even if you didn't enter the GB or finish your build you can still vote.

Both polls have two parts, please make a selection from each. You can only pick one favourite though, so for example if it's in part 1, select "not in this part" for part 2. 

The was the first MEGA GB that Britmodeller has had.   It's been a complete success.  :thumbsup:

I would like to thank all the hosts for their enthusiasm, hard work and their can-do attitude in combining two seperate groupbuilds at short notice.

Oh...  and I'd like to thank all you lot who entered a build or simply watched and enjoyed.  Hope you all had as much fun as I did. 

• Like 5

Well done to all in this GB. It is almost impossible to vote as there are so many excellent models finished. 

Great building 

Colin 

• Like 2

Good afternoon

Yes the polls are opened BUT there is a BIG problem how can one choose a build when all the pics posted using photobucket are now unreadable :swear: and I experienced this problem on at least another modellers forum (Master 194) ..

Patrice

• Like 1

To say this thing with photobugger has taken the bubbles out of my fizz & left me feeling somewhat flat after the enjoyment of this GB is to understate it more than somewhat. Sod them.  :angry:

Steve.

I have switched to Village Photos as well but the gallery is locked so I am unable to edit my post. I have edited my build thread though.

I have unlocked both galleries to allow anyone to edit their photo links from Photobucket. I can't allow any new entries to be added though seeing as the GB is finished, any new ones will be hidden. 

• Like 2

Good man, how long have we got, its too late to pfaff around with this tonight,

Steve.

Ignore that, I had opened a Flickr account yesterday & it took mere minutes to drag & drop the photos from my photobollock "social media" folder & then put them into the Gallery thread. Big smile now. :D

Edited by stevehnz

1 hour ago, old thumper said:

I am very disappointed with photobucket for spoiling our gallery. 

I found that it made it very unfair to cast my vote. Yet I selected one regardless... so apologies if I haven't voted for yours who ever you are...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Good man, how long have we got, its too late to pfaff around with this tonight,

Steve.

Ignore that, I had opened a Flickr account yesterday & it took mere minutes to drag & drop the photos from my photobollock "social media" folder & then put them into the Gallery thread. Big smile now. :D

I will leave it open for a few days so people can get it changed, no panic guys.

• Like 1

On 01/07/2017 at 20:33, old thumper said:

I was forced to do the same thing.

In which case wouldn't it be better to suspend the voting until all members have had chance to re-upload their gallery photos? Seems a bit unfair otherwise.

The polls are now closed

Thank you to everyone who voted in both our galleries. The polls have now been closed which marks the formal ending to what has been a wonderful Group Build. Well done and thank you to all who have taken part, whether it be by building, commenting or voting. 

The winners of the polls are as follows;

Mosquito Gallery Winner

airbus320 - DeHavilland Mosquito B.IV 627 Squadron 1/48

General Gallery Winner 

DAG058 - Sea Vixen - The Iconic DH FAA Fighter

• Like 3