eduard camo mask hurricane

jaffa

not sure if this is right place but here goes made good progress on the new airfix 1/48th hurricane got first colour down and then noticed that the mask set has a major flaw........its the wrong way round (their mask for left wing should be right and visa versa)

not happy now as cant get it finished until i can sort out something

Is it definitely the wrong way round? I only ask as there was an 'A' and 'B' scheme which were reversed depending whether the aircraft had an odd or even serial number.

apart from the a or b scheme if you look at the airfix paint guide and the leaflet with the eduard set they show the wings and fuselage sides reversed

it is the correct mask set for the kit as the numbers match not sure what else to do now..

i can still use it but i will know its the wrong way round and isnt correct for the aircraft dipicted

what scheme are you trying to do?

Your post does not explain very well what the problem is, or I don't understand what you mean, do you mean the colours are reversed, or the mask is a mirror image?

here's and example, the Hurricanes UV-N and SD-N on the left are in the A and B schemes, which are mirror images, some planes can be seen with the colours reversed, but this is rare in the BoB era, I can't think of an example. (I can for later Mk's)

Hawker%20Hurricane%20Camo%20%26%20Marks_

if you want to make you own mask, here's what you want

Hawker%20Hurricane%20Camo%20%26%20Marks_

mirror it for the B scheme.

from here

http://boxartden.com/gallery/index.php/Profiles/Camoflage-Markings/03-Hawker-Hurricane

the whole thing is worth saving and reading.

HTH