Piaggio Pc 7 1/48

Very nice looking model!

Regarding the airplane - it was really weired, but it never claimbed into air...

Under this link

http://xplanes.tumblr.com/post/120602829/schneider-trophy-special-cowes-1929-the-oddest

There are details:

"The aircraft was intended to float deep in the water, with the wings resting on the surface (whether the photo above shows the prototype resting ‘naturally’ is unclear). The engine had an extra shaft and clutch controlling a water-screw at the back. The plan was for the aircraft to first operate using the water-screw and a lower rudder - like a boat. As it gained speed, the hydrofoils would generate lift and raise the aircraft, clearing the main engine/propeller above the water. The pilot would then switch to conventional controls, and the main engine clutch would be engaged…

The PC.7 never flew. Although theoretically possible, the control/clutch configuration would have required a pilot with more than two arms.."

• Like 1

thank you for your kind comments§

Do you by any chance know if the current Itaian Model resin kit is the same as the Roadrunner one? I can feel the pull…

Awesome model!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Yes it is the same , Roadrunner is a menber of the french forum"Master 194" who made the pattern, sell a little batch under his own brand and then gave the production to Italian model.

Best regards.

Alain

Beautiful build of a really whacky design! One wonders where the Italians thought they were going to get pilots with that extra pair of arms from?

Martin

One of my latest model, resin from Roadrunner model : img_2126.jpg img_2127.jpg img_2128.jpg img_2129.jpg It's built OOB, doesn't take too much place and add colour among camouflaged planes. Hope you enjoy. Alain

That looks amazing, the Italian flare for high speed design was often way ahead of its time & this is no exception due tu the use of the Hydroplane undercarriage.

An abosolute beauty of a build- well done

Thanks again, :winkgrin: , I didn't imagine have such a sucess with this odd thing!

JamesP, on 30 Nov 2015 - 7:46 PM, said:snapback.png

Marvellous, want one 1/72 though. Did Roadrunner make any other kits than this, ScaleMates say no?

I confirm, no other kit....

Unfortnately !!

Beautiful model that appeals to my sense of the weird and wonderful...looks like an Italian steampunk

In matt black and gold, 2 Mg on the cowl and a long exaust... Why not.

Cheers.

Alain