1/144 Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 720B

I've been on a bit of a go-slow with my model building recently, so I'm pleased to finally announce the arrival of Flight ET720 from Addis Ababa :

SbHmGv7.jpg

This is my take on Roden's Boeing 720B kit - warts and all - but finished off with Ethiopian Airlines markings from 26Decals (Sheet 144-615).

JIpXg68.jpg

ACM5q1B.jpg

ydXupTD.jpg

j3DA51Y.jpg

and here it is with a friend from Abidjan

MhuH8qb.jpg

Thanks for looking. Time to head off back to Addis.

GyNVnTl.jpg

Regards

mike

• Like 36

You beat me to it, I have this very model in progress just waiting for some primer as are quite a lot of my models at the moment!!

I love this scheme, Mike! An absolute classic livery and it looks so good on the 720.

I found it a very enjoyable and satisfying build. Hope mine comes out as good as yours!

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

Hang on a minute Mike It can't possibly be a Roden kit. That kit is supposed to be unbuildable according to some.

Your beautiful model looks far too good to be a from a Roden kit surely.

:rofl:

Can you tell that I've got my tongue stuck in my cheek.

Chris.

• Like 1

Just gorgeous Mike - a total work of art. Love the detailed metallic shades on the wings.

One thing I have constantly tried to master ( besides trying to walk and chew gum at the same time ) is the masking to achieve that gradual curve from the cheat line to the nose. I'd sell my soul to the devil for that ability, and you make it seem so matter of fact.

Nicely done indeed.

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

Very nice, thanks for showing it. But I've got to agree with stringbag this beautiful model can't be the Roden kit...can it?

Of course it can!! The Roden kit a very nice model that many have shown can be made to look as good as, if not better than, the competition.

Can I ask what paint range gave you such fantastic looking metal work?

Jeff

• Like 1

Okay - sounds like a story the rest of us would love to hear!

He has a habit of turning up at club with his latest masterpiece safely packed up......in his coat pocket!! And remarkably they always seem to survive unscathed! He turns up, sticks his hand in his pocket and pulls out a lovely model - much more impressive than the old rabbit out of the magicians hat...!!
  • Like 2