1/48 F-4B Phantom, VMFA-542 Bengals, 1965

Hello all,

Here is my recently finished Eduard (Academy) F-4B Phantom, in the markings of VMFA-542 'Bengals', Da Nang, 1965.

Built for the Vietnam GB, the build thread is here

Along with the Eduard refinements of etch and resin, I added Quickboost FOD covers, Hypersonic Martin Baker MK5 ejection seats, and True Details MK77 Napalm canisters. The MK82's are Hasegawa as the kit ones appear misshapen and have odd looking fuses. The twin shot Zuni rockets are from a Hasegawa Crusader and the AIM-7's are from the kit.

DSCF0899_zpscj5ox8lg.jpg

DSCF0900_zps7qkhwz07.jpg

DSCF0901_zpsdbhvmjrr.jpg

DSCF0902_zpslprrjplz.jpg

DSCF0903_zpslv9ppby9.jpg

DSCF0904_zpswdmebhsy.jpg

DSCF0905_zpsg4pryldw.jpg

DSCF0906_zpskpfn7pvj.jpg

DSCF0907_zpsfuvxbuby.jpg

DSCF0908_zpsi8ok9ozh.jpg

DSCF0909_zps0im2kf1r.jpg

DSCF0911_zpsr8etftu8.jpg

DSCF0912_zpsog3zvroo.jpg

DSCF0915_zpsujfnmfjs.jpg

DSCF0917_zpsshvwheiy.jpg

DSCF0918_zpswidjvipp.jpg

Marine CAS, 1965 and 2005:

DSCF0919_zpsz2wwjzhf.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Dave

• Like 35

That is one Pnantastic Phantom Dave! Awesome work! I regularly fly in and out of Da Nang and get a thrill each time I make the approach into the airfield. I try to imagine the rows of aircraft in the revetments that are still there or under the shelters that now hold derelict Mig-21s. It's a great place to visit and your model, like many of the others that are coming from the group build, is a wonderful testament to the courage of the aviators who flew from this great airfield.

Cheers guys, glad you like her. Think i'll be adding a USN one in the not too distant future!

That is one Pnantastic Phantom Dave! Awesome work! I regularly fly in and out of Da Nang and get a thrill each time I make the approach into the airfield. I try to imagine the rows of aircraft in the revetments that are still there or under the shelters that now hold derelict Mig-21s. It's a great place to visit and your model, like many of the others that are coming from the group build, is a wonderful testament to the courage of the aviators who flew from this great airfield.

Cheers. I plan to travel around Vietnam in the next few years, and Da Nang is on the list!

Hello,Dave - My compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of your 'Phantom'. I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work.She looks resplendent in your chosen scheme and is a phine tribute to a phine aircraft.All the best,Paul.

Absolutely outstanding Phantom!!!

The photos speak for themselves.

Congrats

JR