Fleet Air Arm Corsair

Edge

Calling this one finished. Lots of things I could improve on, but that's what this game's about!

Tamiya kit, xtracrylix paints, Flory light dirt wash 'cos it's the only one I have.

Thanks to Tony O'Toole for the wingtip help & Workinprogress and Housesparrow for the advice on painting.

IMGP2632_zpsf5opwlbd.jpgIMGP2634_zps59fco0oh.jpgIMGP2633_zpsiy5qoeqv.jpgIMGP2637_zpsuzbdlm1l.jpg

• Like 23

Very tasty Corsair, FAA sauce!

Did you trim the wing tips yourself?

Well done!

JR

Nice Corsair, excellent panel wash. And a nice finish by the way.

Thanks Jay. The wash is a little too stark for my liking, but I only have one bottle of Flory wash. I was tempted to try oil colours but in the end I just wanted to get it finished!

Jay

Very tasty Corsair, FAA sauce!

Did you trim the wing tips yourself?

Hi JR. Yes I hacked the tips off with a razor saw & sanded back to a panel line. Thanks to Tony OT for providing the drawings for that.

Well done!

JR

Yes, beautiful Corsair. Excellent job with the wingtips - I need to learn how to go about that too. The scheme is quite stunning with the 'reverse' wash.

It sounds much harder than it is as the FAA style wing tips end on one of the panel lines & there's enough thickness of kit plastic not no need any added to make the profile.

Hello,Edge - My compliments to you on a splendid looking build of your 'Corsair'.I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work and she looks resplendent in your chosen scheme.All the best,Paul.

• Like 1