Hawker Sea Fury FB. 11

In my growing collection of FAA planes the Sea Fury is a must-have, of course. The Trumpy model is for sure one of the worst kits from this company in respect of accuracy and fit. A little bid of help comes from Flightpath. This correction set was designed for Hobbycraft, but fits nice to Trumpy as well. Additionally I used some Eduard for the cockpit and decals from Printscale. The Trumpy decals are useless in shape and colour, but the (good looking) Printscale had (nearly) ruined my model! The totally disintegrated in hunderts of pieces after contact with water :-(

DSC_0153_zpsqkq5ow73.jpg

DSC_0152_zps4u7biezk.jpg

DSC_0149_zpspvl7hhbl.jpg

DSC_0147_zpsux73sber.jpg

DSC_0146_zps5pl45lnx.jpg

DSC_0150_zps7gifyzzz.jpg

Edited by Floggerman
  • Like 14

A silk purse from a sow's ear but more importantly reasons for a new 1/72 kit in basic version, with stores, and 'Dogfight Double' with MiG-15 from you know who. Also to follow the lead of the Defiant and tooled in 1/48 too. Oh yes, and with folding wings like all their naval aircraft.

. Oh yes, and with folding wings like all their naval aircraft.

The Trumpy 48 scale kit would be much easier with folded wings (the fixing of the movable part in non-folded position is weak - and the Flightpath set contains a wonderful folding set as well) - but I like the great lines of the (british!) fighters too much... The only plane I will ever build with folded wings will be the upcoming Su-33 (full armed - that's cool!)