Trumpeter 1/35 British Heli - Its a Chinook

simmerit

IMG_9999a_zpspt4vpnsx.jpg

Finally done... thank god

Your picture made me laugh, with your comment flying alone. I once had a trip in Afghanistan less for the crew I was on my own, when I got off the other end they thought I was a VIP as I had a whole Aircraft to myself. It was that unique I had to take some photos.

5a62237184836237a22d3f59c2e8dacf_zpsggdt

0e9fa068a8d83e08966b4f988b3b057c_zpsj79w

• Like 2

Thanks for those Ozzy - some great memories you've got there mate. Looks like I may have to take that last block of seats off maybe. I need to have a think about that

I think it maybe my camera angle the seats ran all along to the tail gate.

Your picture made me laugh, with your comment flying alone. I once had a trip in Afghanistan less for the crew I was on my own, when I got off the other end they thought I was a VIP as I had a whole Aircraft to myself. It was that unique I had to take some photos.

5a62237184836237a22d3f59c2e8dacf_zpsggdt

I wish I could get a decent photo of the electronics on the shelves of the bulkhead. I cant find anything that gives a clear shot with the curtains down, and I have looked high and low. If anyone has one from a British Chinook circa 2006, can they post it/them?

Just starting to get my head around the rest of the interior.

Been looking at the minigun from liveresin and its a proper thing of beauty. Cover on or cover off - two barrels supplied

IMG_8644_zpsoqwk279g.jpg

IMG_8645_zpsy4thbtvg.jpg

IMG_8647_zpshezuzyan.jpg

I was tempted to open up the other side and stick a second minigun in

IMG_8647_zpshezuzyan.jpg

but it looks like I made that decision 2 years ago!

IMG_8649_zpsht7och5c.jpg

should be some nice touches when I get the windows in

wheel_zpsdtvh0uty.jpg

people take piccies of the funniest things, but this will come in handy!!

So.... its electronics and those shelves next I reckon and probably the caution and emergency exit signs next

Had a bit of a dig around my reference piccies and found some!!

IMG_8651_zpsh7pv1gkw.jpg

here is the bulkhead as it stands

IMG_9900b_zpsjx01nfit.jpg

R/H shelves with MERT

IMG_9900a_zpsy7l4ziwo.jpg

IMG_9900_zpsbfioudfx.jpg

septic in splinter

IMG_9900g_zpsuax3wwbn.jpg

IMG_9900d_zpspnwao5h1.jpg

Not that I'm obsessive or anything......................... but there is no consistency..!

oh

IMG_8652_zps10w7fp5j.jpg

l/h block of seats has to go on both sides

• Like 2

mixed news tonight. Had a look at the electronics shipped with the kit and its minimal, and a couple of bits may be usable, but..... Cobra comes up trumps

IMG_8653_zps7bnz9dxh.jpg

Between Cobra and the kit, I should get enough to sort out the shelves, which is good news. Now for the bad news

IMG_8654_zpsnsxac6eg.jpg

The entire assembly on the left is MIA. God knows where its gone. Great

• Like 2

Cool !!

It's the small details that make it interesting !

Si if you decide on BN don't forget to show us your decals be good to see how they turn out or any decals for that matter !!

Guy

Cool !!

It's the small details that make it interesting !

Si if you decide on BN don't forget to show us your decals be good to see how they turn out or any decals for that matter !!

Guy

the youngest daughter is here for a few days so I've ground to a halt - no photos before anyone asks.

I'm also after some comms connectors from True Detail for the kit in the bulkhead shelves but cant locate any at the minute. Just waiting for other investments to arrive before I crack on

Been looking into comms kit and came across this lot from Pro Art

PAU-35055_01_zpsacmw7tkn.jpg

PAU-35049-08N_zpsewnwoasi.jpg

radio_03_zpsng3zbnke.jpg

but am sticking with the stuff I've got. If I can pick up those connectors, I can get some cables in. Only thing is they are missing the right angle one which is a shame. One for Dan as he is the scaley so can probably give us the descriptive on the full scale part.

I have ordered these though + some other metal cases after Ozzy posted that snap

PAU-35036_02_zpsoqa9nglu.jpg

Like I say bit stuck so will move onto the minigun next

• Like 2

Thanks infofrog. Tons to do mate.

So Ozzy's post is a 'life changing event' for me re that bloody bulkhead and those seats :analintruder:

I had a little dig in the 'crap' box and found some panzer art British ammo boxes which may do for those steel cases. I've ordered the septic ones but I suspect they may make a bit to turn up. Having also spent a bit of time reseaching comms and electronics pictures of wokka wokka bulkheads (in my sad little modelling life), I've come to the conclusion that there are virtually no cables now the world has gone digital. I bet its all glass now like you have on your tele. secure Wi Fi at some stage I guess. Anyway. Ramble over.

IMG_8688a_zpse70ye4aq.jpg

zoomed in on that bit form the MERT as its the clearest piccie I've got. The bulkhead on the model is not quite right, so I've had to try and keep to the spririt of the comms stack without accurately copying it. Its the best I can do without starting from scratch and I'm not massively stressed about it.

IMG_8668_zpscajw8ukk.jpg

so that will have to do.

IMG_8669_zpsqzk028xj.jpg

I'll see where I get to with this lot, but where I think I'm heading is prdering that pro art comms kit from those wagons earlier in the thread for the other side of the bulkhead. That's a single seat also by the way which folds up in the gap between the bulkhead and the pilot and navigator

Edited by simmerit

right. Who was on about the Loadie's coolbox?

wpae6b935e_05_06_zpsv0kplrpp.jpg

dm35013-07_zpseta92l2l.jpg

That was me.... I'm stunned that you can actually buy a cool box and bottles! I should add that it was normally stropped to the anchor points in the floor. If you're depicting it with cargo bergens, boxes etc were piled up down the middle of the cargo bay floor and stropped down. I'll have a dig through my pics from theatre and see if I've got anything useful for reference.

Ade - that would be muchos appreciated matey - anything you've got.

Warris - thanks fella- the best ones I've seen by a country mile. That is absolutely brilliant and it wasn't too late for me to make the changes. That detail is exactly what I'm looking for.

Only one thing better than those two posts lads. My mrs's Roast Potatoes!! Scran's up!!

Not a problem, I have a few more photos so give us a shout if you need more

Al

Rgr that!!

IMG_8673_zpszidkux6f.jpg

Its made a mahoosive difference. I hate getting things wrong. There's nowt worse than looking at something and saying 'it doesn't work like that' First bit scratch built. I need to dig out some telephone wire

IMG_8674_zpsgcxgukq6.jpg

I've got enough bits to do 70% of the kit on the shelves, so not much scratch work to do.

Ta for the piccies as I say. They have made a load of difference to the build. :thumbsup2:

• Like 2