Trumpeter 1/35 British Heli - Its a Chinook

simmerit

2 hours ago, perdu said:

Time you got on with some proper modelling my boy, cut the slacking laddo.

Nowt wrong with big tanks but...

Hello Bill mate - it's been a while.  I've got about 4-6 weeks to nail the five bits of armour I've got on the go.  Four of them are just about ready for weathering and the fifth has a couple of months to do on it, but that shouldn't get in the way of the Wokka in late November.

Cheers

Si

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, simmerit said:

Hello Bill mate - it's been a while.  I've got about 4-6 weeks to nail the five bits of armour I've got on the go.  Four of them are just about ready for weathering and the fifth has a couple of months to do on it, but that shouldn't get in the way of the Wokka in late November.

Cheers

Si  

No mention of what year I see .....shocked I tell thee :)

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Daz said:

No mention of what year I see .....shocked I tell thee :)

7 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

2000 years from now I think Daz 🙂 ? 

I was making good progress again after a long break for it but filling in the rivets did my head in as you know.  In my defence, I did start a 4 tank parallel build which has now crept up to 5 tanks, 4 of which are just about ready to weather and the 5th is early stage, but once the four are done, I will be back on it.  Deffo.  Might do a Mert after that.....

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, metadyne said:

72 pages Si, that is a major undertaking, keep the updates coming it's looking great.

75% of the thread is the internals and the rest was fixing the horrendous problems with join at the bottom of the airframe which was an utter nightmare.  I'll get these tanks done and I categorically will finish the thing!

• Like 1

Just now, Richard E said:

Risking taking the conversation away from Chinooks and drifting it back to tanks: did you sculpt the figures in the two Challys Si ?

Two of them are from the MiniArt British tank crew set that was released about 8 or so months ago.  The other two are Valkeyrie.  Both sets of figures are incorrectly dressed unfortunately as none of them are wearing a harness, which is mandatory for tank crews.  A bit of a fundamental error which will have to be corrected with Magic Sculpt.  I've now got 21 figures to do............ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, simmerit said:

75% of the thread is the internals and the rest was fixing the horrendous problems with join at the bottom of the airframe which was an utter nightmare.  I'll get these tanks done and I categorically will finish the thing!

it's me, I've followed you over here, haven't been in here a while since my falling out with Britmod over that abusive Aussie Bloke, still it's in the past, time to move on, looking forward to your GW1 Ch1. But later on after the Chinook. I should have renamed myself mr-glass-case.

spacer.png

• Like 3

It may not look like it to you lot, but below is two hours graft....

One side of the airframe finally clear of the filler - I did a chunk of it last night, following the ribbing from you lot.  Now that i'm clearly re-energised, I have about 5 hoyrs to do to nail the other side, and I'll hopefully have it nailed by Sunday night.  I can then think about starting to prime it with Mr Surfacer.

Filling one of these is not a task for the faint hearted! 

6C62CF03-B906-46CB-9CC2-6012D07AB5FD

Even that tankie is impressed.

• Like 4

well.  four and a half hours of fun packed effort yields this

EA3E1D6A-3CEC-437A-B97B-DA1F7908E1C8

A final clean off to survey the filled rivets then its a re-scribe.  I guess this means I'm officially back on the Wokka!

Few points for anyone building one of these.  When I do the Mert............. which will have one side open by the way.  I would do this lot up front.  You've obviously gathered from the 70 odd pages of fun packed Wokka building that I've made some decisions well into the build.  Thats said, I had no idea how much of a crock of proverbial the underside of the airframe was and how much grief that resulted in.

Anyway.  Thats it.  Clean up and re-scribe and its away!!!!

• Like 2

well.  four and a half hours of fun packed effort yields this

EA3E1D6A-3CEC-437A-B97B-DA1F7908E1C8

A final clean off to survey the filled rivets then its a re-scribe.  I guess this means I'm officially back on the Wokka!

Few points for anyone building one of these.  When I do the Mert............. which will have one side open by the way.  I would do this lot up front.  You've obviously gathered from the 70 odd pages of fun packed Wokka building that I've made some decisions well into the build.  Thats said, I had no idea how much of a crock of proverbial the underside of the airframe was and how much grief that resulted in.

Anyway.  Thats it.  Clean up and re-scribe and its away!!!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2021 at 8:15 PM, Dads203 said:

2000 years from now I think Daz 🙂 ? 

I think I mentioned that timescale someone else :)

At this rate, it will fly before the U-Boat launches 

3 minutes ago, Daz said:

Last time someone said that, it took 4 years :)

Oh come on - cut me some slack🙃  I've finished two Skyraiders, binned an Avenger that was ready to paint after the mrs knocked it off the table and am just about ready to start weathering four tanks and now I've finally finished cleaning the filler off the Wokka!!  That's not a bad effort in two years surely?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, simmerit said:

Oh come on - cut me some slack🙃  I've finished two Skyraiders, binned an Avenger that was ready to paint after the mrs knocked it off the table and am just about ready to start weathering four tanks and now I've finally finished cleaning the filler off the Wokka!!  That's not a bad effort in two years surely?

Slacker, we both know someone who'd knock that list off before lunchtime :) 

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Daz said:

I was shooting yesterday at Bisley (not fun due to Catterick like weather conditions (20mph side wind from the left across the range and horizontal torrential rain for 45 minutes) and the two weekends before that saw OC Domestic have me on household duties moving radiators in two bedrooms, which involved having the floor up, so that cost me two weekends also.  I've basically lost three weeks on the Cent in the armour section on 'ere.

The committed in blood plan is to finish the Cent, the two Chally 2s, the Centaur and Cromwell (all of which are just about ready to weather then be back on the Wokka.

I have cleaned all of the filler off with alcohol, so the airframe is just about ready for rivets and priming.  

The other two minor complications are I started a new job on the 4th Jan and..................... it looks like the hip replacement well may have failed.  I was back on crutches last week and popping morphine again - I'm down to 1/2 a litre of the really really strong stuff, but kept away from the pills which are the really really really really strong stuff.  I need to organise another MRI and blood tests.  If they need to re-do the op, that will cost me 12 weeks on crutches and a lot of pain, so I wont be doing anything at all, including the Wokka.  I'm going to try and avoid the second hip op on the left hip until next year if I can........................

Say hello to the lads on ARRSE, and hello Bill, Hendie, Tony and the rest of the crew in here!

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Si what a bummer mate, hope you can get sorted out an/the easy way rather than the s****y alternate.

Keep yourself in a comfort zone and when you are ready we can come a'Wokka-ing with you.

Not envying you a ride in the noisy boredom tunnel either, had a few of those myself lately.  :(

Anyway, we can wait. 

Chin up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perdu said:

Si what a bummer mate, hope you can get sorted out an/the easy way rather than the s****y alternate.

Keep yourself in a comfort zone and when you are ready we can come a'Wokka-ing with you.

Not envying you a ride in the noisy boredom tunnel either, had a few of those myself lately.  :(

Anyway, we can wait. 

Chin up.

thanks Bill and I hope all is well with you.  It’s a bit of a bummer but I’m sure it will be fine!

• Like 1