Trumpeter 1/35 British Heli - Its a Chinook

simmerit

1 hour ago, DaveyGair said:

Nice to see you back getting on with this build, had another look back over the previous pages of this build, I'm still as amazed by the work you've put into this, crack on mate!

Davey.

I've got a 1/32nd Grumman Avenger to nail and a Mk1 tank them I'm back on it.  Hopefully not too long..... but thank you for the encouragement!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Well after a prolonged period of absence, I'm back on the Wokka.....  I've had it ripped out of me for donkies now and I cant take it anymore.....  I have to start it again...........

Anyway.  It's under starters orders having sat on the mrs' piano and occasionally on her chest of draws when she p!sses and moans about it, its back on the bench (table).

I've completely lost the plot with where I'd got to with it.  I did have a build plan by that's well gone.  I've just been digging out the bits that remain on it to survey where I was up to and this is all that remains to be done

0F09C486-2D95-432C-B3FE-D0B5905B48E7_zps

I'm on a mac these days so no idea if that piccie will post or if its a linky to my photobucket account.  We will see in a minute.

Basically I've lost a wheel so have had to order some of those resicast ones, which are well better than the Cobra resin ones which were state of the art when I started this build in 1647 AD.

I've lost the paint masks, so they are hopefully on there way, and I've ordered some Archer rivets (one sheet only at 17 squid a pop) while I assess how much I need to save up to buy enough rivets to finish it.  

There is a foot of dust on it, but other than that it is in good shape.  I picked up a new set of cast iron wheel thingie me bobs as I managed to break one and it didnt go back together brilliantly, and whilst humming and ha'ing about what to do about the rotors (my mrs lad smashed a set whilst playing football with a big oaf of a stupid mate in the living room), I bought...................................... yup.  Another Wokka!  As for the smashed rotors - the football ended up on her piano and then smashed a set.  If it had hit the wokka they'd both be dead now.  Cant swear on these forums so you can imagine how well chuffed I was.  The nice little boys even tried to hide the evidence so I didnt spot it, but I was on it like a shot.  Over a year later, I am still not amused.

So I bought another Wokka to nick the rotors, but then decided I was going to cast a set out of resin and yesterday someone stuck a spruce on WaltBay with?  Yup - a set of unbuilt rotors on it, so I've bought them.  I've got enough Rotors now to equip several Wokka's and I'm still fairly convinced I'm going to have a crack at casting them.

I have lots of unused Hataka paint.  I will find out if it stores well or it is as shockingly badly manufactured as the first lot which I slated on here to such an extent they sent me a load of free paint, which was very nice of them.  But lets see how we get on with it.  I'm not one for sucking up to manufacturers.  

The only other bit of news is I bought a flagpole and Union flag as I'm sick of going to the States and seeing how patriotic they are.  I suppose as this is the UK, that officially makes me a white supremacist.........................

Right.  That's me done.  I'm back.  Just need the bits to turn up to crack on

Edited by simmerit
mistake
  • Like 10

Lovely to see this back!

I know exactly what you mean about not knowing where you were when you restart after a break. I have a few to face that reality with.....

I'm amazed the kid is still breathing too!

Ian

so one teeny step towards restarting the build.

2B40C2DA-D957-4570-8FE2-3FF8DE5C460D_zps

Resicast wheels turned up.  You can see the quality of them when compared to the Cobra resin wheels.  I guess the tech has moved on.  Still waiting for my rivets before starting the epic rivet job..

New wheels are nice

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheBaron said:

Glad to see this back in rotation Si.

Missed it.

:clap2:

Nice to be back.  I've not really done much this year at all cause of the worky thing, but I did manage to bang a 1/32 SBD Dauntless out and I'm well on with a 1/32 TBF Avenger - the builds are up on ARRSE where you can be a bit more free with your queens english (so to speak).

I'm hoping to nail the fuselage before the year end, but let's see how I get on.  I'm currently reeling in shock at the price of those rivets.  That's mental.

anyway - there's the Avenger wings.  Its bl**dy huge - I had no idea.......

7DAC936A-F3D5-4863-98CA-FA978C0DA1E6_zps

Should be on the Wokka this weekend now

• Like 2