Trumpeter 1/35 British Heli - Its a Chinook

simmerit

15 minutes ago, viper-30 said:

Do the hoist do the hoist Do The ....dope on a rope deployer ...

Cute pup.

T

Ta Terry - shes lovely mate.

IMG_5630_zpswrbzrvp8.jpg

Have to pack in now as the mrs is moaning about how much time I've spent on it today

• Like 1

Sorry, rant over.

Si the 'hoist' is looking promising, lots of work though mate. 

The whole airframes coming together really well. 

Seems an age ago we chopped the kit up;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wafu said:

Sorry, rant over.

Si the 'hoist' is looking promising, lots of work though mate. 

The whole airframes coming together really well. 

Seems an age ago we chopped the kit up;)

winch_zpso6wvvkgt.jpg

close up

• Like 2

Be careful Si, the US Chinooks had different routing of the Hoist Hyd pipes, the Crabs seem to route them via the forward lower support and the Yanks seem to route them via the forward upper frame. I 'think' the cables are the same???

Check twice, cut once.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wafu said:

Be careful Si, the US Chinooks had different routing of the Hoist Hyd pipes, the Crabs seem to route them via the forward lower support and the Yanks seem to route them via the forward upper frame. I 'think' the cables are the same???

Check twice, cut once.

I'll have a look before I cable it up - that's for the tip.  I'd have almost certainly missed that.

Just waiting for the resin to go off on this bit

IMG_5636_zpst3d1epdk.jpg

Unlikely to make much more progress as I'm the victim of wine.  She's made me have a glass

• Like 6

She's left me to it.  Finished the bif half way down the top of the airframe - no idea what it is, and I hate not knowing

IMG_5646_zpsmxpslpx7.jpg

IMG_5647_zpsu5sdcbti.jpg

IMG_5648_zps8opctrn8.jpg

Panel edges are done on both sides as well.  I'vemade a couple of other bits.  Who knows..................... I may be finished the rest of the bits by next weekend.................................  Sorry I'm so slow lads

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, perdu said:

Well I like it and I have no idea what that thingmy is

Doesn't matter

I like it

Wine?

All good enjoy

How's the new mutt today?

She looks a sweetie

Mutt is good.  she is a real sweetie.  She's whinging in her bed at the minute cause she's getting no attention.  

That's me done now.  Catch you later

• Like 1

A further heads-up Si. Just seen the pictures of the airframe, looks the job. When you get round to the windscreen wipers, again the US cabs are different, they have two wipers coming from the holes shown on your photo, however the RAF cabs have three, all coming out of the window itself, one for each driver and a centre one. 

It it certainly looks the part with the rotors on.

49 minutes ago, Wafu said:

A further heads-up Si. Just seen the pictures of the airframe, looks the job. When you get round to the windscreen wipers, again the US cabs are different, they have two wipers coming from the holes shown on your photo, however the RAF cabs have three, all coming out of the window itself, one for each driver and a centre one. 

It it certainly looks the part with the rotors on.

Thanks Ian - I'm on top of that one.  I just need to do it....  I had a look at the hoist as well and Brits feed the pipework exactly as you pointed out, so that's another one to add to the list.

I need to get the rotors straightened out as the bend in them is wrong as you know (just pointing it out in case anyone else reading this build didn't know that), so still loads to do unfortunately....

On 19/03/2017 at 1:26 PM, simmerit said:

Ta Terry - shes lovely mate.

IMG_5630_zpswrbzrvp8.jpg

Have to pack in now as the mrs is moaning about how much time I've spent on it today

So I'm not the only who has to put with moans about how long I've spent working on a model. :):) 

• Like 2

Having a little go on it tonight, having been off air for the week.  The modelling has sort of been over-taken by events.  The new pup is a proper hand-full and is like a Spaniel on speed + been in Londonistan for three days with the worky thing, and the last two nights have been spent glued to the tele.

Edited by simmerit
typo

"  The new pup is a proper hand-full and is like a Spaniel on speed "

Sounds like my kind of girl, tell her Bill loves her already

I have to say I'm bloomin glad I haven't been in the 'stan this week horror just doesn't describe it huh

Ian, I'm told THAT goes with  the territory, in my case along with "Why aren't you painting any more? Why'd you have to do those tiny models all the time?"

I keep telling her its because painting with oils stinks and would make her 'condition' far worse (asthma problem) but truly I have just lost the impetus on canvas and find three-D rendering more artistic

There things are masterpieces you know

Enjoy a little slack time Si, you will be back in with the grindstone nose vision soon enough

bytheway

How long before the dog can learn her roads?

16 hours ago, perdu said:

"  The new pup is a proper hand-full and is like a Spaniel on speed "

Sounds like my kind of girl, tell her Bill loves her already

I have to say I'm bloomin glad I haven't been in the 'stan this week horror just doesn't describe it huh

Ian, I'm told THAT goes with  the territory, in my case along with "Why aren't you painting any more? Why'd you have to do those tiny models all the time?"

I keep telling her its because painting with oils stinks and would make her 'condition' far worse (asthma problem) but truly I have just lost the impetus on canvas and find three-D rendering more artistic

There things are masterpieces you know

Enjoy a little slack time Si, you will be back in with the grindstone nose vision soon enough

bytheway

How long before the dog can learn her roads?

Hello Bill mate.  The hound gets its second set of injections on the 4th April, so hopefully not too  long before its out.  Its completely settled in as well. Its ace.  Love it, ad I'm sure I will post another piccie when its grown a bit more.

Back on the Wokka for an hour this after

IMG_5743_zpsz5rkddtj.jpg

Some progress, but I've got to have a crack at the 110 today re the Alternator now we have decent weather

• Like 1