Trumpeter 1/35 British Heli - Its a Chinook

simmerit

Stunning build thus far, impressive in so many ways. A quick question if I may, where will it go once finished?? I made a 1/48 version and is huge with the rotors fitted, your Wokka may need an extension built for it!?!

35 minutes ago, Simon382 said:

Stunning build thus far, impressive in so many ways. A quick question if I may, where will it go once finished?? I made a 1/48 version and is huge with the rotors fitted, your Wokka may need an extension built for it!?!

Just read your post to her and told her where its going.  Response unrepeatable on here...  I have a place in the front room or on her piano!!  

b7ba0083-497f-438d-9f52-22bdaadc8cb3_zps

I came across this by pure chance the other week.  This is exactly where I'm going with it.I have a 105 and a Pinz to do yet.

0904aa4d-4a11-41e7-afe5-2f1dfc102ded_zps

just started the countermeasures on the right.

83b67304-29c1-441b-ab8c-c7c7ffea0d3d_zps

got this to do 

c9eb8ec2-a2c4-4f2d-9927-92b46d22fa75_zps

and these

12717985_10154115500103217_2237582430887

not so sure about these as not seen on a 2006 Wokka

11059542_10205728720272142_7756647908878

and that is done

009873_05_038038_zpswknre12h.jpg

009870_05_038023_zpsizpfqeph.jpg

couple more ref shots if anyone is interested.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, phildagreek said:

It's all in the details!

It is all in the detail, and having spent a bit of time looking at the Edwood etch countermeasures, I'll not be using them then.....

Another 'Eduard etch' moment brought to you by edwood. Another set of randomly designed etch pieces created in a dark room with no access to photos or the internet for research purposes. I'm not sure what wokka they used to base the design on, but it's not one I've ever seen, having spent hundreds of hours researching Chinook piccies and materials.....

desitined for the bin, along with that bloody paint!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, simmerit said:

It is all in the detail, and having spent a bit of time looking at the Edwood etch countermeasures, I'll not be using them then.....

Another 'Eduard etch' moment brought to you by edwood. Another set of randomly designed etch pieces created in a dark room with no access to photos or the internet for research purposes. I'm not sure what wokka they used to base the design on, but it's not one I've ever seen, having spent hundreds of hours researching Chinook piccies and materials.....

desitined for the bin, along with that bloody paint!!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who sometimes looks at a sheet of Edwood brass and thinks wtf! I'm convinced a lot of the etch is just of the sake of filling a sheet as most of the time I have half of it left over after using all that was required. In addition I don't see the point in replacing parts on a model with brass when there is no improvement to what started out as a well formed injected part.

Cheers

John.  

• Like 2

what products and equipment did you use to solder the metal parts together?

because i don't really know how to solder properly. i tried to solder metal parts before but they never stick. i believe I've been using the wrong equipment and techniques for the soldering.

1 hour ago, Hyder H said:

what products and equipment did you use to solder the metal parts together?

because i don't really know how to solder properly. i tried to solder metal parts before but they never stick. i believe I've been using the wrong equipment and techniques for the soldering.

Go for solder past or paint - its the stuff used by jewelers.  Carr's 188 solder paint came highly recommended and you will need neutralizing rinse also.  The stuff is popular with railway modelers.  Have a look on youtube and search for solder paste and you will find tutorials.  If you get the right soldering iron, its very straight forward.  I use an Iroda solderpro 70k which is a lovely bit of kit - also recommended, but any hand hold butane soldering burner will do - there are plenty about and they are cheap as chips.

I've completely abandoned the etch and made start on this

IMG_5126b_zpsb66aqlww.jpg

which is one of these

IMG_5126a_zps1ho9yhrz.jpg

I should cast them really but not sure if I will ever need them again.

• Like 3

On 2/26/2017 at 2:33 PM, simmerit said:

Just read your post to her and told her where its going.  Response unrepeatable on here...  I have a place in the front room or on her piano!!  

On her piano?? Bloody h*** , that's some serious brownie points used up!

Ian

6 minutes ago, perdu said:

Nicely nice

Bitch about the virus, hope you're over it soon

Without unwanted effects to the side

I'm marking those mods for posterity...for mine later on

I'm knackered mate.  This is the second 0400 hrs start in 5 days. Tooooooooooooooooooooo old for this now.

IMG_5135_zpsoe11plzy.jpg

Well chuffed with this effort.  God knows what I will do when I've got no more scratch building to do.  Its really changed the modelling experience for me.

IMG_5131_zps4mmognbb.jpg

Here is the EderWooda problem illustrated quite nicely.  I thougth I'd lost the brass bit from the kit.  I was gutted so fitted the thing above it.  It had to go

IMG_5132%201_zpsktwq1r1r.jpg

Looks a damn site better

IMG_5133_zpshkr1cjbn.jpg

restoration complete.  I had to re-do the plastic collars.

Right. That's me off - got to crack on with some more of the worky thing

• Like 6

Those encrustations are coming along very lively Si. Commiserations on the virus, there's some reet nasty hybrids floating around so hope it burns through the system quick enough for you.

:thumbsup2: Tony

21 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Those encrustations are coming along very lively Si. Commiserations on the virus, there's some reet nasty hybrids floating around so hope it burns through the system quick enough for you.

:thumbsup2: Tony

Hopefully just about through it.  I had to have an hours kip before lunch as I'm knackered.  Off skiing on Saturday so with a bit of luck it will be through the system.  It's taken a few people out apparently.  I went to pick the lad up at the local train station at 1930 and by the time I got there 15 minutes later I'd completely lost my voice.  No warning or anything - it was really bizarre.

Off to watch 'Finding Hitler' on the box in a minute.  Fascinating stuff - I wonder if he did get out.

Edited by simmerit
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, simmerit said:

Hopefully just about through it.  I had to have an hours kip before lunch as I'm knackered.  Off skiing on Saturday so with a bit of look it will be through the system.  It's taken a few people out apparently.  I went to pick the lad up at the local train station at 1930 and by the time I got there 15 minutes later I'd completely lost my voice.  No warning or anything - it was really bizarre.

Sounds suspiciously like a dose I had a fortnight ago. Completely exhausted with flu like symptoms the whole time and spent three days croaking like a raven with no voice. Gallons of hot tea, manuka honey and aspirin were the only rations that helped....

The mrs has just asked me why I'm laughing my head off - I said it was the 'encrustations'.  'What are they?' she said, so I pointed them out.  'But that's not funny' she said, so I explained the train of thought the term triggered.

I've not eaten shell fish in any shape or form since I got food poisoning from eating winkles picked off the coast in Sunderland.  I was then reminded of Ryhope where there was an open sewer that emptied striaght into the sea - swimming at Ryhope was a bit like a destroyer navigating a minefield, then I went onto a lad I knew called Jinxy who was like every character in Viz rolled into one.  He was a joiner by trade.  Head like a football and looking like he'd done thirty rounds with a bloke wielding a mash hammer. His other nickname was sausage fingers, and he used to call his little sister pig in nicks.  Greta lad believe it or not.   Anyway.  Jinxy introduced me to the term 'Tyne Trout' and 'Seagull's wellies'  - used to describe the  items floating down the Tyne on a Saturday morning after the lads and lasses had been 'oot on the toon' on a Friday night.

Encrustations.  Great word!!

6 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Sounds suspiciously like a dose I had a fortnight ago. Completely exhausted with flu like symptoms the whole time and spent three days croaking like a raven with no voice. Gallons of hot tea, manuka honey and aspirin were the only rations that helped....

That's the one

• Like 2

Hmm

That's rather nice you know

rather very nice

And you on yer sickbed too

Good on you mate

:thumbsup2:

she looks amazing

THAT PIANO

Tell the babe there's absolutely no other place that should have this

except maybe a regimental or squadron museum