Trumpeter 1/35 British Heli - Its a Chinook

simmerit

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying that Si :)

I wish I had used some of that primer you have here to fill all those dreadful trumpeter rivets. I think as you've done that, the rivets will definitely stand out and look the part. Despite what I said before, if you can go the distance, I would recommend the rivets. Painful to apply and you need a million or so of them, but it is a critical detail that is so striking on the real thing.

Whatever way you go, good luck with it and I'm sure it will turn out amazing!

Craig

I don't know if you are still considering an L118 to accompany your beautiful Chook (49 pages its a lot of stuff to read) but my mate John Myszka at Mouse House Enterprises (http://mheaust.com.au/) has just got the moulds for his 1/35 L118/L119 Hamel Gun and will shortly start producing it again.

http://mheaust.com.au/MHE/Resin/OZA/Hamel%20gun%20parts.jpg

http://mheaust.com.au/MHE/Resin/OZA/L118Hamel%2001.jpg

Edited by Gordon Branch

So that is the panel stiffener arrangement around the forward 'ook sorted, are you planning to make the stiffeners for all over the undersides like this then mask off and spray the magic high build into all the openings?

I could see a de-mask and gentle flattening might just cure the 'flatness' issue very nicely

However looking at the pic again I suspect you are planning to simply add stiffening pieces individually, either way works for me :thumbsup:

You say its Plastic Padding hi build rather than Halfords, was there much price difference 'cos I remember you saying you expected paying twenty quids for it?

Hello mate. If you peel back to page 43, you will see Moaning Dolphin posted pictures of the underside of a Wokka being skinned, and you can see

IMG_1740_zpswaerqrth.jpg

the detail is riveted on top of the outer skin, so tat's the way I will go on this one. The high build primer was a tenner, and yep its Halfords high build. Its quite impressive stuff.

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying that Si :)

I wish I had used some of that primer you have here to fill all those dreadful trumpeter rivets. I think as you've done that, the rivets will definitely stand out and look the part. Despite what I said before, if you can go the distance, I would recommend the rivets. Painful to apply and you need a million or so of them, but it is a critical detail that is so striking on the real thing.

Whatever way you go, good luck with it and I'm sure it will turn out amazing!

Craig

I think they way its heading mate, its a lorra lorra rivets............................. I'd love to see a snap of yours to see how it turned out. I'm glad there is another loon out there as well!!

I don't know if you are still considering an L118 to accompany your beautiful Chook (49 pages its a lot of stuff to read) but my mate John Myszka at Mouse House Enterprises (http://mheaust.com.au/) has just got the moulds for his 1/35 L118/L119 Hamel Gun and will shortly start producing it again.

http://mheaust.com.au/MHE/Resin/OZA/Hamel%20gun%20parts.jpg

http://mheaust.com.au/MHE/Resin/OZA/L118Hamel%2001.jpg

Gordon mate. I've got one, and an InAccurate Armour Pinz. They are looking like the winter project is where I think I'm heading.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Right then. Two things have happened:

• Its the dark nights setting in
  • My mental block has lifted.

Deffo back on the Wokka, after a nice summer break.

So

IMG_3008_zpsd5pmwqx5.jpg

This was the mental block. 2 to do. I've taped is to a sheet of acetate and an cutting round it. Hopefully that will work

IMG_3009_zpso9lrvlsx.jpg

• Like 2

Good to see you back to it buddy ....I have over the past few days been reading through your build ....and thanks to you .ive been and gone and got one .......

Also got some sand intakes for the top ..

Hope your well mate

Terry

Good to see you back to it buddy ....I have over the past few days been reading through your build ....and thanks to you .ive been and gone and got one .......

Also got some sand intakes for the top ..

Hope your well mate

Terry

hello mate. You back on the models? Have you moved yet?

What scale and where did you get the filters?

Back to the drawing board - that failed.... acetate to fine

Seems like a life time ago.. No still not moved or modeling ...just adding to the stash .

Have just sent you some pics ..

1/35 scale designed for the trumpeter kit

Nice to see you back Si hope you are well refreshed after your break, now lets get on with the great work.

Guy

We'll having set the expectation I'm back on the bloody thing, I hit a wall with a dismal failure trying to cut .25mm card out using a template.............. I should have known.]

Finally got to B&G and picked up this

IMG_3064_zpscl0jcqrf.jpg

7 quid. Its the same stuff as the Tamiya masking tape. I'll cut it out of this instead of acetate sheet. Fingers crossed

• Like 3

I think ten thou plasticard would have done for that you know, all I use acetate for is making canopies etc.

By the way, glad your mojo woke up, been missing this :thumbsup2:

Struggling with the motivation after a few months off. She's off to topless netball on Saturday so I'm hoping I can crack on a bit

• Like 2

She's off to topless netball on Saturday so I'm hoping I can crack on a bit

mmmm.. this seems like a novel concept.. I quite like Netball and reckon I could even lash out and buy a membership if this was introduced in our local leagues!!

Cheers.. Dave.

• Like 1

mmmm.. this seems like a novel concept.. I quite like Netball and reckon I could even lash out and buy a membership if this was introduced in our local leagues!!

Cheers.. Dave.

it gets better. Its persisting down with rain here.

I shall leave you with that image :bouncy:

Right. A little natter with Dan (who lives in the Armour forum) and a slight change in direction

IMG_3121_zpsbf70f6xu.jpg

I'm going to build it up with padding spray. Just got another one to cut out first for the rear lift. Hope to get some spray on today if the rain eases off

• Like 1

Thanks for that image..... just what we need when trying to concentrate on fiddly bits of plastic....

So what's the padding spray you mention? I'm not familiar with that....

Ian

Thanks for that image..... just what we need when trying to concentrate on fiddly bits of plastic....

So what's the padding spray you mention? I'm not familiar with that....

Ian

Halfords 'High Build Primer'. About 8 quid a mahoosive tin. Have a look a couple of pages back - its the yellow stuff you can see on the bottom on the model on the picture above with the frog tape stuck down on it

Scary time

I suppose you'll run the tip of your knife/scalpel round the very edge to break the film of filler against the tape

Like I said...

Scary time but I think this is how ill treat my little Wokka too, great idea being shown before our very eyes

Nice one Si

Nice work Si but as Perdu says you will have to have a steady hand and hold your breath !!

Guy

IMG_3155_zpsyvoils00.jpg

the plan is to put another 3-4 coats on. What's happening is the whole thing is raising. Once I've got another 3-4 coats on, I'll leave it til the weekend to harden then I plan to peel off everything apart from the 2 templates. Once there, I will sand them back down to the tape, before peeling it off. Hopefully that will work. Hopefully.......

• Like 4