Trumpeter 1/35 British Heli - Its a Chinook

simmerit

Santa's been today. Goodies turned up which means I can crack on.

Been looking for details on the vest and harness for loadies and apparently they are called Eagle vests. When I google it all I can find is this

IMG_0301_zpsftfgw1ph.jpg

which looks like Molle belt kit if you ask me, unless anyone has a different take on it?

If it is correct them more Live Resin spend coming on these....................

IMG_301a_zpssy8ye7sq.jpg

IMG_0295a_zpsa4xnegw6.jpg

nice little shot of that grab bag and boots, which will come in handy, and on the subject of boots

IMG_0306_zpsyssuapjv.jpg

how nice are they?

IMG_0307_zps2ghqf43v.jpg

and now these have also turned up, I can crack on with that loadie.

IMG_0305_zpsz3pesb7l.jpg

gave up on making my own visors as I found these, so I'm officially locked and loaded and good to go!

• Like 3

Blimey Si, scary sexy or what eh

The world of modelling has changed even more than the kit I used to hump around

The boots, gotta love the boots

and the hands

and the ....

wowsah

Blimey Si, scary sexy or what eh

The world of modelling has changed even more than the kit I used to hump around

The boots, gotta love the boots

and the hands

and the ....

wowsah

3D printing Bill mate - its changing the game. I've just ordered a set of holstered Glocks and upper bodies with Molle rigs 3D printed. I will keep the lower half of the torso of that loadie, but he's about to be upgraded! The boots are stunning.

Just bottomed out the rig re the loadies. Looks like the main requirement is that they have a loop on the back of pretty much any yoke from what I can see to attach a safety line.

• Like 2

Amazing what you can do with 3D printing , from what I see of the crew they are going to look good can't wait to see them assembled and complete.

Good work mate.

Guy

Thanks Guy,

Having bottomed out the rig, I've made the change with an upper body from master Box - the modern UK Infantry, and fitted the boots

IMG_0318_zpsdjttjoqj.jpg

3 Para mortars shot...

IMG_0320_zpsqwi4tsoa.jpg

IMG_0319_zpskwlrsbe1.jpg

bit of green stuff required

IMG_0322_zpsmtd6ca8z.jpg

7 euros down the toilet on the ReedOak lid, but its turned out OK

• Like 1

Wow!

Bit of work to do on that ramp as it looks like its fresh out of the Boeing factory!

IMG_0325_zpste45j0pa.jpg

This one seems to have turned out OK. I'm not hugely bothered about the torso as it wont be seen in any detail.

• Like 1

The big result of the day is I have just had a call from PALL systems who do the air filters and he doesn't see any reason why they wont release the CAD/CAM drawings of the outer casing to me so I can get copies made in 3D. He's gone off to get approval/confirm.

If PALL are willing to help then that means I can get additional copies if anyone else wants them. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

I was also thinking about having a go at this next

IMG_0282_zpsbqsiz29w.jpg

Ah, a real helicopter. (Well, almost; the Army version of a real helicopter - but at least they've grown out of those ridiculous skid things nowadays).

I'd love to see what you could do with a Lynx!

• Like 1

The big result of the day is I have just had a call from PALL systems who do the air filters and he doesn't see any reason why they wont release the CAD/CAM drawings of the outer casing to me so I can get copies made in 3D. He's gone off to get approval/confirm.

If PALL are willing to help then that means I can get additional copies if anyone else wants them. Fingers crossed.

That would be pretty damned good Si, specially if we could get the drawings/3Ds sized to 1/72 too

Fingers painfully crossssssssssssed

IMG_0328_zps4lowhn86.png

I managed to get the '58 pattern belt and the loops done on his combat pants. The Glocks, utility pouches, knee pads and a few other Live Resin bits turned up as well which is a result as I can finish the little lads now. I hope to crack on tonight if the other half doesn't moan about the modelling..... you know what I'm saying here lads

Ah, a real helicopter. (Well, almost; the Army version of a real helicopter - but at least they've grown out of those ridiculous skid things nowadays).

I'd love to see what you could do with a Lynx!

I've got one of the InAccurate Armour 1/35 resin ones - I paid about 50 sheets for it 4 or 5 years ago second hand and unbuilt. Must say I'm really tempted with it, but the mrs will go ape as I dont model in the summer. Only downside to the model us there is no glass with it, so I will need to bang one out

That would be pretty damned good Si, specially if we could get the drawings/3Ds sized to 1/72 too

Fingers painfully crossssssssssssed

He was really good about it and didn't see an issue but needed to check. I banged an email over confirming the request and offered to sign an NDA. Fingers crossed as I say. I will let you know

• Like 1

Wow! this build is just getting better and better, the detail is really something else especially on the inside, it'll almost be a shame to close that fuselage up! Superb modeling!

Thanks lads. Onto the interesting bit now.

IMG_0272_zps7jmkyimw.jpg

I do hope he isn't looking for the golden rivet :analintruder:

Bob

Wow! this build is just getting better and better, the detail is really something else especially on the inside, it'll almost be a shame to close that fuselage up! Superb modeling!

I do hope he isn't looking for the golden rivet :analintruder:

Bob

3 Para Mortars. See my earlier post!!

And the good news is...........................................................................................................? PALL have just released some drawings to me on email of the filters and will provide more if I need them :thumbsup:

Here you go!!!!

Hi Si,

The drawings for the EAPS are extremely complex in nature and the means of releasing them is also relatively difficult. Therefore I have extracted the key views which should be sufficient to enable you to dimension the RP. I will also try and send an extract from the CMM.

If you need any more specific dimensions, let me know.

Regards

Steve

That's from the EMEA Director of Marketing for Aerospace!!! What a super result and a Mahoosive thanks to Steve and PALL

Edited by simmerit
  • Like 1

IMG_0332_zps00wfgeyb.jpg

"It's around this point that Beaker reckoned the chicken kebab the lads had given him last night probably hadn't been chicken."

Amazing work. I've lost count of all the add ons and scratch work. It really is going to be a pity to close up the fuselage. I'm hoping you manage this before the summer cut-off I'm not sure I can stand the suspense if we have to wait for the clocks going back again before your allowed to start up again.

"It's around this point that Beaker reckoned the chicken kebab the lads had given him last night probably hadn't been chicken."

Amazing work. I've lost count of all the add ons and scratch work. It really is going to be a pity to close up the fuselage. I'm hoping you manage this before the summer cut-off I'm not sure I can stand the suspense if we have to wait for the clocks going back again before your allowed to start up again.

Hello John mate,

Thank you. I hope I finish it as well. Getting a lot of grief about half completed jobs on the outside of the house,so it will be tools downed pretty soon I reckon. She's nails my mrs and its no prisoners. I've been on with this wall for 3 years......... This year is the year I finish it. We could have a bet that said. I finish the Wokka before you finish that MRAP!!

IMG_0334_zpsrqjyoqzq.jpg

Quite pleased with that belt and loops.

IMG_0335_zpsrgx7jxj9.jpg

and had to do something about that visor. I reckon those Lowe boots are going on the other lad as well. No tred on the bottom which is a shame as they are nice

• Like 2