Revell 1/128 Super Constellation

English Electric

Hi all,

I have one of these in the stash - in a Brazilian boxing with Varig markings - and quite fancy cutting my airliner teeth on it fairly soon.

I can't find any review on it on the web, so would like some pointers if possible with glaring errors etc etc.

It's not the most modern kit in the world, but I quite like the idea of having a bash at it, and it may even make me have an attempt at the Glencoe Viscount I have lurking in the stash...

Thanks in advance as always...

Chris

I may be wrong but from what I remember, it's not too bad as a kit. Bearing in mind it's a good few years old, I'd just build it for the enjoyment of building it. Revells latest Connie is much better (apart from the nose) though some prefer the Minicraft effort as they feel it better captures the lines of the real aircraft.

The Glencoe Viscount is a nice kit. There is a conversion from Authentic Airliners to make the 800 series Viscount and as Mike mentions some nice decals are available from Classic-Airlines.

The odd scale Connie by Revell is fine. A rub down of all the overscale rivets and careful build will be rewarding I once had one as the AEW EC-121. Go for it. And the Viscount. Maybe as a suggestion an 'Odd scale GB' could come of it????

Thanks guys, I'll post a WIP so you can tell me if I'm going wrong! It's the finish more than anything else that I'm going to dread - any hint of NMF has me heading for the hills.

In terms of the Viscount, I picked up a set of Air France decals a while ago - quite fancy that scheme, as I think it looks good...

Watch this space.

Chris

Hi Chris,

It's quite a good kit, once you get past the rivets and the odd scale. I built one 25 years ago (can't believe it's been that long!) and finished it with some 1/128 Eastern Airline decals from a company called Big D-Cal. If the technology works, there should be a picture of it here!. I'm currently working on one of the new Revell 1/144 kits, and a Minicraft 1/144 Constellation - you can never have too many!

Revell%20Connie%2026Nov15%203.jpg

Cheers, Andy

• Like 1