"POISED TO STRIKE!" - KING COBRA LIGHTNING.

Hello,Friends - My thanks to John(Canberra Kid) for originally posting this build on my behalf when I was even less competent with a computer than I am now.I've added some more photos and wish to share them with you.Hoping you enjoy viewing.All the very best,Paul.

image.jpg5_zpsnkpzu95w.jpg

• Like 10

Ooo,...err,....Paul,

My favourite Lightning scheme and you`ve only gone and done it to perfection,......what a lovely model! It looks so purposeful in its green paint and ready to take off over the German Plains to chase off any Mig`s trying to start WW3!

Luverley jubberley and exceedingly `Fine Fettling' !

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 1

Hi Paul. A truly great-looking Lightning. Which kit is it? (I saw your post and was expecting something from the McDD stable!!)

Hello,Alpha Delta 210 - Thank you so much for your kind and most appreciated reply.The kit is the 1/48 Airfix F2A/6 kit.Only the decals were aftermarket items.The rest of the details were scratch built including the ladder.This was just made from plastic card and rod.It's not fixed to the airframe.It's just held in place by a discreet wire hook.I opted for this method so I can put it on my other build of the type.The paint was Xtracolor Enamel and Enamel Satin Varnish.The pitot is a length of Nickel Silver Wire.Expected something from the McDD stable? That's given me an idea!!! All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

Ooo,...err,....Paul,

My favourite Lightning scheme and you`ve only gone and done it to perfection,......what a lovely model! It looks so purposeful in its green paint and ready to take off over the German Plains to chase off any Mig`s trying to start WW3!

Luverley jubberley and exceedingly `Fine Fettling' !

Cheers

Tony[/quote

Hello,Tony - Thank you so much for your kind and most appreciated reply.I've always had great admiration for your subject knowledge and 'Fettling Expertise' so your feedback on 'Cobra' is very respected.I share your opinion on the green scheme.It does seem to give her a 'meaner' look somehow.All the very best,Paul.

Very nice Lightning! Was able to have a look at the real thing in Hermeskeil aviation museum this summer.

Cheers,

Mario[/quote

Hello,Mario - It's great to hear from you.Thank you so much for your photos.I've never seen a Lightning in the green scheme in real life so your kindness is most appreciated and useful.Pleased that 'Cobra' meets with your approval having seen the beast in 1:1scale!! All the very best,Paul.

This added message is to thank each and every one of my 'fellow fettlers' for viewing and replying to 'Cobra'.All your replies are much appreciated and respected.My skills are quite elementary compared to many of the builds I see on the forum but I just enjoy being 'one of the crew' so very much.All the very best to each and every one of you,Paul.

Another lovely Lightning! I must admit the green scheme is growing on me, though your Saudi one is still my favourite!

:thumbsup:

Hello,Mirage1V - Many thanks for your kind reply.It's much appreciated.Pleased you like 'Saudi' Lightning.Just for you.All the best,Paul.

image.jpg1_zps1ttbdnmk.jpg

image.jpg6_zpslcnrtrht.jpg

• Like 1

Beautifully done. Impeccably neat. So... should I interpret the ladder as an invitation? :winkgrin:

Jay

Hello,Jay - Thank you so much for your kind reply.Climb aboard!!She's ready to fly!! All the very best,Paul.

Super job! nice to see a 92 sqd bird in green over NMF.

I think this is the scheme I will use for my F2A when I build it, I just hope it comes out like yours does! Lol

• Like 1

Super job! nice to see a 92 sqd bird in green over NMF.

I think this is the scheme I will use for my F2A when I build it, I just hope it comes out like yours does! Lol

Hello,At Sea - Thank you so much for your kind reply.I'm pleased you're going to build this subject and wish you every success with it.I'm sure you'll do her justice! I do think the green suits her and the squadron markings give a pleasing splash of colour and uplift.All the very best,Paul.