Fw 190A-8/R-2 1/48

I see 3 errors on your plane :sorry: but looks very good and weathering is like real :thumbsup: .

1-red break cable to wheels realy no-it was black or brown

2-I miss red step sections on wings-dashed line

3-This plane have two faces-one with armor plates and guns but without red color dots-emergency landing

-two without armor plates and guns with red dots-GI ground personal give guns and plates away.

This can you see on photos in my link.I know people here dont like critics but someone can this help-maybe.Its only my observation :whistle:

I see 3 errors on your plane :sorry: but looks very good and weathering is like real :thumbsup: .

1-red break cable to wheels realy no-it was black or brown

2-I miss red step sections on wings-dashed line

3-This plane have two faces-one with armor plates and guns but without red color dots-emergency landing

-two without armor plates and guns with red dots-GI ground personal give guns and plates away.

This can you see on photos in my link.I know people here dont like critics but someone can this help-maybe.Its only my observation :whistle:

Thank you very much R22 !!!!!!

I truly appreciate your suggestions. I knew for the break cables, but i like the red color !!!!

My way sometimes.

:banghead:

Polkenti please can you give here weathering step by step or have you more build pictures?Many thanks!

Miroslav

Miroslav,

You can normally find an another topic of this Wurger in the step by step Forum of BModeller.

Be my guest if you need anything else (can give you me email...).

Anis

..bit of inspiration for the finishing touches. Gefr. Walter Wagner's Fw 190 A-8/R2 'white 11' of 5./JG 4 following a gear-up landing at St. Trond (home to the 404th FG ) on 01.01.45 (photo; Moon via Crow in own collection)

<image link removed>

Just a point of note and curiosity.

I had my (circa 1985?) original oTaki Fw 190 (an A-8) box out a day or so ago per chance -another side story which I won't expand upon here.

Seeing the image above, which is one of the decal versions offered of three in the original oTaki Fw 190 kit, clearly this photo was used as inspiration by the artist who created the kit's box top art as he copied his art work painting almost verbatim using this photo as his model. The angle, stance and version are almost identical barring artistic licence making a few minor changes for dramatic effect in pursuit of marketing excitement and appeal. e.g spinning propeller, closed canopy, background.

In the box top artwork image, the ventral nacelle panel (left hand underside visible) immediatelty aft of the nose cowl panel is represented as yellow. Although colour film certainly existed, it was the exception rather than the rule of the day, so presumably the photo in this thread was originally in B&W as was typical of the majority of photographs from the era and has been colourised since. Even the best of colourisation artists e.g. klimbims, frequently make such technical minutae colour errors for the obvious of reasons.

Anyone know of a reference source which can verify whether the ventral panel of the engine cowl/nacelle of this particular aircraft was indeed RLM04 or RLM27 yellow -or not?

P.S. Just noted that on your model, you have represented it in yellow polkenti, with the right half an apparently scavenged replacement. Guessing you have some reference source confirming the ventral nacelle was indeed originally all yellow at sometime earlier than depicted in the 01.01.1945 photograph? Nice job as previously annotated in my like acknowledgement. Prosit!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello !

Really sorry for the very late reply to your question.

This plane was belly landed the 1st of January, then reparead by the US personal with some spare parts coming from another Fw...

I guess that the probable yellow cowling is one of that results, but I'm not sure...

Anis

The pic posted above is not colourised. Judging from the picture of white 11 on it's guts in the field, I'd say they replaced most of the engine cowlings as they look completely different. I like this representation, I've been meaning to build this one too since I build a model of it after it's red repaint.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...