Model Aircraft monthly *Free Book*

dwh

Model Aircraft monthly for December has a free book "Build and Convert Classic Aircraft Kits Pt1", this would appear to be a special from WHS as other shops only have the magazine.

Derek

• Like 1

Got mine from my local newsagent this morning - it contained "Build and Convert Classic Aircraft Kits Pt 5", which unfortunately I had purchased when it was published so now I have two copies.

Mine was Build And Convert (BAC) 6 Aviation Classics Part 1 published in 2013. Don't recall seeing BAC 1-5. To answer Nigel's question, they are a mixture of 15 articles by SAM Publications authors: Dave Hooper, David Francis, Ross Marven, etc, but not including Mike Grant. Mixture of builds (eg Swordfish), improvements/corrections (eg Battle). conversions (eg Seasprite, York) and scratchbuilds (BE12a). Personally I wouldn't have paid cover price of £9.99 for it.

PS One of the articles is on converting the Airfix FM-2/Wildcat VI into the XF4F-3 and XF4F-4 prototypes, a job that Airfix have now, apparently unwittingly, made a lot easier with the new F4F-4 kit.

Weird!

My copy had 'Build & Convert Classic British Jets' in it

It looks as though different copies of MAM had different BACs included.

Sounds like a lucky dip. I think Jonners hit the nail on the head or the packer doesn't enjoy his work anymore.