1/48 Sea Harrier - Kinetic

Mr B

Hi Folks

This was next up after the Bronco...and started it this week. I also came to know of an F-5 GB here so I am building this in tandem with a F-5F ...so some update pictures might have F-5 bits in them tooo

Overall so far the external details look great....can't say the same forte internals.....

image_zpstcv2vbua.jpeg

Box Art

image_zpssiqztjtk.jpeg

Tub

image_zpskycxjagj.jpeg

Rear Bulkhead

in process detail painting....then a wash and will be done. The panel is a let down very basic looking

Trying to squeeze a pilot in but looking a bit difficult due to size

happy modeling folks

mr b

• Like 6

Hi Mr B,

This looks interesting I was thinking of one of these so I will be following your progress, after your Bronco I'm sure it will look great.

Guy

Thanks chaps...much obliged.....

Guy- thanks for the following and the word of confidence......fingers crossed

I got some work done ....but did not take any photos yet.......Still trying to figure out putting the pilot in the cockpit.....might be possible......anyways hope to have an picture update fairly soon.......

So far, the kit looks good externally.....

Happy Modelling

Rgds

Mr B

Hi Folks

Got a picture update....

image_zpsfrl4du8w.jpeg

the nose gear housing and compressor fan....done and weathered

image_zpsncomsnze.jpeg

test fitting the whole thing into the airframe.

next update should see this glued in as well as the air break housing being tackled following which, need to Matt coat the needful.

going together ok....but not without some hiccups.....

happy modelling guys

rgds

mr b

• Like 5

Lovely work so far Mr. B. Soon as MJW Models get their stock in one is coming my way so watching your progress with particular interest.

thanks a lot guys....

minor update.....

image_zpsqfwaevid.jpeg

main gear well...a bit of detail painting and weathering then to mount

image_zpsz8njaazn.jpeg

image_zpsz8njaazn.jpeg

the intake and nose gear is glued in....testing the shape and wings.....

overall so far, not a shake and bake.....lacks refinement.......and the instructions are P.O.O.R

next should see the sides together and will start on the wings

rgds and happy modeling

mr b

• Like 6

thanks man much obliged

progress

image_zpsiyc4guko.jpeg

image_zps5argrjgh.jpeg

Sides are together.....and all bits inside

image_zpsmlzoitni.jpeg

Intakes needed work.....in the mids of cleaning it up the repaint n reinstall the fan....

image_zpsvba9nxwr.jpeg

Underside there is a gap.....will need to clean all seams accordingly....once I mate the wing......

still no sign of my paints order....hope they come soon as there is not really much to put on from here onwards.....

rgds and happy modeling

mr b

• Like 6

Looks like a good representation, I know the Tamiya Harrier has shape issues, and the Airfix one has a great shape but little detail.

Is this the best or worst of both worlds?

I have seen both the Tamiya and Airfix kits....In fact the I have build the Airfix GR 3.....

The Kinetic is as you called it the best of both worlds.....but and there is a but in my opinion

The internals are there but not as detailed as a new mold should be

The instructions are very poor

The fit is not what I would expect for a new kit compared to its price tag.....

Externally.....it does look good not many stages to get it done.....where I am at there is only 2 or 3 more steps.....

Overall.....Its ok but nothing to shout about........but I love the harrier so it does not really matter to me.....

Rgds

Mr b

• Like 3

That's moving along nicely Mr B , I wonder how it compares to the Kinetic FA-2 detail wise ?

Guy

That's moving along nicely Mr B , I wonder how it compares to the Kinetic FA-2 detail wise ?

Guy

I've built the FA2, and have just taken delivery of the FRS1- unsurprisingly they share a lot of plastic, so it compares rather well.

As Mr B will testify. they ain't shake and bakes! BUT they are the best Harrier kits out there - certainly in 1/48th scale.

• Like 1

I've built the FA2, and have just taken delivery of the FRS1- unsurprisingly they share a lot of plastic, so it compares rather well.

As Mr B will testify. they ain't shake and bakes! BUT they are the best Harrier kits out there - certainly in 1/48th scale.

Thanks Bill looks like I will be getting one .

Guy

Cheers guys.....

I got an update

image_zpspioly7un.jpeg

Wings are on.....

image_zpsrm0a31ho.jpeg

Compressor all sorted....next will be the intakes should have a almost complete airframe to start the cleaning of all the seams......ohhh boy.....

It does go together fairly quickly it's taking time because I am build it in tandem with the F-5F

image_zps31fjufxm.jpeg

Happy modeling folks

best regards

mr b

• Like 5

That's looking good and I like the look of your F-5.

Guy

Thanks for the nice words guy......

Got some work done.....my paints have not arrived yet....so bit on a low gear....coupled with the fact that I am fighting the kit in every stage ......

Got the intakes on.....and once again the fit is not so great.....so this is how it looks now.....all joints is slapped with putty and just waiting for the clean up....but the silver lining is once cleaned......it should go quite fast.....to the paint shack.....

image_zpsww7pfvas.jpeg

image_zpsxwda3hee.jpeg

Thanks for looking in folks

Rgds

mr b