Spitfire STGB in Memory of Edgar Brooks chat

When: 5th March 2016 to 5th June 2016 (As with all Tribute GBs this will never close, just move to completed after the end date.)

Hosts: Col. Giorgio N

This was suggested in the chat topic that brought the sad news of Edgar's passing. There seems to be some support for the suggestion, so moving the idea here to GB chat for consideration.

Edited by Enzo Matrix
  • Like 1

I would definitely be keen to participate. The thought of suggesting this crossed my mind this morning, but I wondered if it was a bit early - good to know other people thought a tribute build might go some way toward a fitting memorial.

Well that news hit me like a train. Not been keeping up with the thread on Edgar. A GB in his memory has my full support.

Hear hear got mine as well as it was my suggestion

We were already planning an "Every Mark of Spitfire" GB over on the Unofficial Airfix Modeller's Forum for March 2016, to mark the 80th anniversary of the first flight of K5054. In these sad circumstances, we will now run that as an Edgar Brooks tribute GB as well. If the logistics work out over here as well, perhaps we could have a multi-forum tribute build?

All the best,

Matt

(PS: in a spirit which I hope Edgar would have appreciated, perhaps in amongst all the carefully-researched and painstakingly reproduced "just like the real thing" builds that I'm sure we'll get, perhaps someone could volunteer to do a build incorporating all the errors that Edgar saved us from...)

Edited by cmatthewbacon
  • Like 1

I have a few spitfire kits in the stash..

So do l . Got the PCM Mk IX sitting there with a need of being built. So anyone got an interesting scheme to wet my palate with?

Count me in!! I have had some lovely exchanges with Edgar over how to build different marks of Spitfire and this would be a wonderful tribute to the memory of Edgar and his encyclopaedic knowledge of all things Spitfire.

I would be very happy to act as host or co-host or in any other capacity that the members here see fit.